First Name
Shihab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey Bronco Badlands 4 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if you could just keep a separate magnet and stick it to the ”fixed side magnet” while the doors are off.

They look great by the way. I’d love to get a pair of those or something similar, but I’ve already spent my Bronco allowance for the next few months, and I still have no Bronco.
I am not sure, but I dont want to have them fly while I am driving and then have one side drooping

I think the best option would be to add an on/off switch so that you could disable it with the doors off at will.
I had an Escalade before that had the switch to enable and disable the power side steps.
Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much did you spend?
thanks

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife would shit kittens if we did this. She HATES the fact that she can see the bottom of the body of the bronco on her OBX even with the factory running boards

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spoke to Amp Research. Bronco boards coming soon. Ranger steps will not fit on Bronco……

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks good, well done.

The magnetic switch they installed is a standard window alarm contact. Even with the door closed they can trigger when you hit a hard bump.

I would be very careful, you don't want the steps to come out when driving off road.

They open faster then on the 22 Escalade, that's fantastic.

Sponsored
OP
OP

uae247

Badlands
First Name
Shihab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good, well done.

The magnetic switch they installed is a standard window alarm contact. Even with the door closed they can trigger when you hit a hard bump.

I would be very careful, you don't want the steps to come out when driving off road.

They open faster then on the 22 Escalade, that's fantastic.
Wow,
That is scary
I just had to agree with their solution, since this is their first Bronco. The plan is to just move to proper wiring, but they didnt know which one to tap into inside the car.

OP
OP

uae247

Badlands
First Name
Shihab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow,
That is scary
I just had to agree with their solution, since this is their first Bronco. The plan is to just move to proper wiring, but they didnt know which one to tap into inside the car.
I would go for a can bus module.

https://www.keetec.eu/product/m-can/

Gives you the door contacts, fun and cool feature, also the remote. So when you unlock with your remote the steps would come out.

Also you need a hard switch for driving without doors.

Patrick

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would go for a can bus module.

https://www.keetec.eu/product/m-can/

Gives you the door contacts, fun and cool feature, also the remote. So when you unlock with your remote the steps would come out.

Also you need a hard switch for driving without doors.

Patrick
I have a general question for everyone, and a specific question about this module.

When I install my steps, I want them controlled by the door signals and not any additional sensors. Can anyone tell me what type of door trigger the Bronco uses? If it isnt a (+) signal I am prepared to make relays to convert (-) to (+), or hopefully find another (+) output that indicates individual door opening.

The Can Bus module though..... That looks interesting. I see it has outputs for doors, does that mean it will send a positive signal when doors are open? Does it differentiate by which door is open? (I would prefer that the step deploy only on the side opened).

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was almost $1,350 including install
That's not too bad I think the Rock Slide Engineering ones are about $2,000 not counting installation.

OP
OP

uae247

Badlands
First Name
Shihab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a general question for everyone, and a specific question about this module.

When I install my steps, I want them controlled by the door signals and not any additional sensors. Can anyone tell me what type of door trigger the Bronco uses? If it isnt a (+) signal I am prepared to make relays to convert (-) to (+), or hopefully find another (+) output that indicates individual door opening.

The Can Bus module though..... That looks interesting. I see it has outputs for doors, does that mean it will send a positive signal when doors are open? Does it differentiate by which door is open? (I would prefer that the step deploy only on the side opened).
This👆🏻

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If been dancing around this question on multiple threads. If no one sees these posts, we may have to make a specific topic to get attention. Lol.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever find out who manufactures the steps? Can't say I've seen any with 3 hinges. Would be sturdier but harder to align.

I have installed a couple sets of Amps on other vehicles. Hardwired directly into the door wiring. These days they usually have a harness of some kind that you can just plug into the OBD port. I'd look to see how they do it with the Bronco steps once they become available. Usually can buy that harness separately so might be an option for you depending on how it works. Amp also offers a manual switch which probably would be a good idea for when the doors are off. Would have to see if it could be adapted.