Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there's one serious flaw in wheeling with tons of room for improvement, it's the lack of a unified ground guide signal and call system.

Front locker would've earned its keep here.

OP
OP
Apples

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there's one serious flaw in wheeling with tons of room for improvement, it's the lack of a unified ground guide signal and call system.

Front locker would've earned its keep here.
I doubt it's codified anywhere but everyone I've encountered in Colorado seems to use basically the same system. Use driver/passenger callouts rather than right/left. The hand signals are generally the same.

But you're right, they were not using any sort of system in the video. It may have been down to an inexperienced driver, or familiarity between spotter and driver.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt it's codified anywhere but everyone I've encountered in Colorado seems to use basically the same system. Use driver/passenger callouts rather than right/left. The hand signals are generally the same.

But you're right, they were not using any sort of system in the video. It may have been down to an inexperienced driver, or familiarity between spotter and driver.
People say I take it too seriously, but if I'm backing up a 25 ton vehicle on a bridge around 40mm submunitions, don't give me the charades version of what you're going to do to your girlfriend when you rotate back!

Yeah, it's one of my issues and I'm not going to get therapy for being right. ;)
Sponsored