Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've seen it a million times here. Complaints about all the different coloured trim and the grey fenders and the super-grey roof.

I've seen many, that have actually seen the Broncos in person, say that everything matches better in person and the roof looks darker.

The photos from the factory seem to get the most complaints. It's bright, the lighting is artificial, and most of us will not be parking in a factory. The lights highlight the differences between trim. Both in texture and colour. It won't be that drastic in person.

I know y'all will still hate on the trim, and that's fine, but let's not worry about the factory photos. They are and even worse representation than CGI.

Heres a Jeep with a black bumper in the factory. Looks a lot more grey here. This is similar to what's happening to the Bronco photos.
Ford Bronco Factory Overhead Lighting Sucks Jeep-Factory-1024x469

Stop putting so much stock into pre-production factory photos. Wait until you see them outside and in person... Then complain if you need to.

Edit: This goes for the body paint as well. AMB under fluorescent will be drastically different than AMB under the sky.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well said thank you!

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this was going to be a post about the "OEM LED lighting" (headlights / taillights etc) hahaha!

Jermd21

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F250 4x4; 2013 Expy 4x4; 1984 F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree. Those 3 black Jeeps look so much different due to the lighting. :)

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking the MIC tops will be a similar material to my wife's 20' Jeep Wrangler. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Problem is most of us won't be able to see anything in person before ordering. For me personally I'm fine with what I've been seeing and yes, prefer white top but oh well. One thing that does catch my eye when I walk the parking lot into work is that the F-150's black and grey bits all seem to match up pretty well at least not to the point of gasping in dismay, same with Jeeps, it's all good and I guess adds to the functionality over aesthetics theme.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the F-150's black and grey bits all seem to match up pretty well at least not to the point of gasping in dismay
I believe it will be similar on the Bronco. They will be closer and acceptable come final production time.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having seen the MIC top in person, it is definitely not as dark as Jeep plastic. You’ll be disappointed if that’s what you’re wanting. That being said, I think it looks good.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm thinking the MIC tops will be a similar material to my wife's 20' Jeep Wrangler. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. fingers crossed.
You realize that Jeep uses a black MIC top, whereas Bronco is using a Carbonized Gray MIC top. Will not be the same color.
Sponsored