Sponsored

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 315/70R17 max PSI only 35?

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shopping for some 35’s for my non-sas badlands. I’d like to stick to a load range C tire and saw the Wildpeaks, however Falken’s spec sheet lists the max psi as 35. Considering recommended pressure on the door sticker is 39, does that mean this tire would not be a good choice? I’m aware that I can and probably should run my daily driving pressure a bit lower than 39, but would running around 35 psi regularly be a bad idea on this tire considering thats its max rating? Can you guys help me understand this?
Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shopping for some 35’s for my non-sas badlands. I’d like to stick to a load range C tire and saw the Wildpeaks, however Falken’s spec sheet lists the max psi as 35. Considering recommended pressure on the door sticker is 39, does that mean this tire would not be a good choice? I’m aware that I can and probably should run my daily driving pressure a bit lower than 39, but would running around 35 psi regularly be a bad idea on this tire considering thats its max rating? Can you guys help me understand this?
I’m running Falken Wildpeaks 26570R18 on my OBX non SAS. It’s a great comfortable tire with very little road noise at any speed. Discount tire recommends running at 40 PSI with max at 51.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You won't hurt it running 35 psi, but I think you'll find that even that is a bit excessive for the best on-road ride.

Fair warning, the AT3w is a chonky boy, 69 lbs and change.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The stock tires are only rated for 35 yet Ford wants 39. But admittedly, the territories have some print I've never seen on a tire before that clams you can overfill them by 10 lbs (I mean if that is the case, why not just say 45lbs max??)

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, just like the stock Squatch Goodyears are only rated to 35psi. The AT3W is a bit heavy, but it's an excellent tire.

The stock tires are only rated for 35 yet Ford wants 39. But admittedly, the territories have some print I've never seen on a tire before that clams you can overfill them by 10 lbs (I mean if that is the case, why not just say 45lbs max??)
It says that on the tire, but not their spec sheet or website. It's truly bizarre.

Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 315/70R17 max PSI only 35? goodyear mt
Sponsored