Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After seeing a few Saddle/Ebony interior pics (Which I love), I'm seriously considering switching to Wildtrak. That's if Navy Pier is our only option. Still hopeful Ford was listening and will give us a few interior options. The cold hard fact is one can spec out a Wildtrak or Badlands to have the same options as a FE. Unless I'm missing something, besides a FE Badge and a few decals why spend $60k to get a interior you hate.

2021-ford-bronco-sport.jpg
I could definitely live with this color scheme.
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do we think the blue interior will help/hurt/not affect the resale value of the FE?

I might want to sell it and upgrade when the hybrid comes out in a yr or 2 and if no one wants the FE because of the interior, that might screw me. :unsure:
You and I are in the exact same boat. The idea of the hybrid solves a lot of tiny issues for me and I've thought, "Shit, the resale of the FE could pay for it!"

But not if that Navy Pier interior is in there. I can't imagine that helping resale at all.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I could definitely live with this color scheme.
Man, I do not understand this forum's love of brown and black together either. Haha

I promise I am not a hard person to please, even if my posts seem like it.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man, I do not understand this forum's love of brown and black together either. Haha

Maybe I am getting desperate... :D

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In a perfect world, Ford would have some cool designer (maybe you) and made a unique FE interior that really stood out. Maybe even with variations for the different exterior colors, but something that had that WOW factor. They would not have hired me! I can't even match a shirt to slacks without my wife!

Did I miss some concept colors you like?

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the FE should be much more retro. Retro base color, white wheels, white top and white interior, etc. I don't agree with the FE direction Ford went. Ford hit a homerun with the Bronco just not the FE in my opinion.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think the FE should be much more retro. Retro base color, white wheels, white top and white interior, etc. I don't agree with the FE direction Ford went. Ford hit a homerun with the Bronco just not the FE in my opinion.
I think they could do one in five years for the 60th Birthday of the Bronco. That would be cool.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do we think the blue interior will help/hurt/not affect the resale value of the FE?

I might want to sell it and upgrade when the hybrid comes out in a yr or 2 and if no one wants the FE because of the interior, that might screw me. :unsure:
about 20% of me was thinking this too

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In a perfect world, Ford would have some cool designer (maybe you) and made a unique FE interior that really stood out. Maybe even with variations for the different exterior colors, but something that had that WOW factor. They would not have hired me! I can't even match a shirt to slacks without my wife!

Did I miss some concept colors you like?
I've put thought into mocking what I'd like to see, but it's sorta tough given the fact we don't even know what the interior patters are. Haha. Everything is either concepts, pre-production, CGI renders, etc.

May sound like a cop out, but knowing how the panels of the seating come together, as well as the stitching and piping, will really help facilitate (and even dictate) the color palette.

I don't want to sound like a pompous, arrogant designer either. It's hard to be passionate, as well as educated on the subject matter, without sounding condescending. Bleh.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've put thought into mocking what I'd like to see, but it's sorta tough given the fact we don't even know what the interior patters are. Haha. Everything is either concepts, pre-production, CGI renders, etc.

May sound like a cop out, but knowing how the panels of the seating come together, as well as the stitching and piping, will really help facilitate (and even dictate) the color palette.

I don't want to sound like a pompous, arrogant designer either. It's hard to be passionate, as well as educated on the subject matter, without sounding condescending. Bleh.
LOL. No problems with me, you just come off as someone who is passionate about design ( I am married to someone like that, so I get it).

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread 1597692607069

Going too far? Honestly, I like BLUE. Really. I know some love it here. But it has to go with the vehicle, and to my very poor color-coordinating eye, what I have seen falls flat.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Going too far? Honestly, I like BLUE. Really. I know some love it here. But it has to go with the vehicle, and to my very poor color-coordinating eye, what I have seen falls flat.
THEORY: I'm starting to wonder if Ford's obsession with blue is simply because Ford's brand color is blue. Likely, if you go to their corporate offices, blue is everywhere. It's probably a pride thing. They make special edition/expensive things with blue as a sort of trademark, or, as an employee, they're like, "This is how I'd make it for myself!"

But they fail to realize is that they live/breathe the Ford brand and it's a huge part of their lives. Not seeing their bias, they design what they'd like to see, rather than what the customer wants. That's why there are survey groups, sample sizes, etc. The reaction they got from their pre-production shots should tell them what will sell.

Again, this is assumption and conjecture. But if you look at other car brands, they're infinitely less tied to color than Ford is, but also, if you look at other vehicle brands/logos, how many of them have a dedicated color at all... most are neutral, single-color, metal, etc.

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that anyone cares, my personal opinion is ... I will not order my reserved FE if blue ship dock is the only Interior option. Brown/Ebony please.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 3.46.08 PM
Back when the brown/saddle interiors started making a comeback I really wanted one, but I’m kinda over them now (or at least haven’t really seen any I like, including this one)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Back when the brown/saddle interiors started making a comeback I really wanted one, but I’m kinda over them now (or at least haven’t really seen any I like, including this one)
I don't like that one either. Looks like a second rate wannabe cowboy came up with it. I much prefer navy pier over the saddle brown, and I don't much like navy pier either.

I know lots of people are whining over the black, because their little bums get warm, but at least it's pretty neutral and not as polarizing visually.
Sponsored