Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Totally unrelated, but I don't know if you've noticed on the Ford.com 360 Colorizer, on the 2-door, they all have chrome emblems/Broncos. But the 4 door has black. And then the orange 2-door that we see literally everywhere has black emblems.

Makes me wonder if we'll have an option for black emblems. Because Shadow black-on-black or Carbonized Gray with black emblems would be super cool.

This likely isn't a post for the First Edition thread, but I dunno where else to put it. And you're all my favorite people. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can I put in a vote for black?
Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For myself and alot of other FE reseravtion holdesr the perfect Bronco would exist. Just give us a few interior options. Personally my "perfect " Bronco is a FE in Cactus Grey with a Ebony/Brown Leather interior. Which is very easy for Ford to offer if they want, since it's already a option for the Outerbanks.
Just thinking out loud with the day of build and price site. Ford will either have alot of happy FE reservation holders OR alot of angry and pissed off FE holders. One things for sure this thread will blow up, LOL
Agree! Choice is all that is asked for. Give us a couple of options so we can pick. DONE! Not sure why some feel the need to say "We must be proud" no matter what Ford throws over the fence. We are not talking about Ford giving these to us. They are charging a hefty premium.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a First Edition reservation holder I'm hoping for an all black leather interior with complementary stitching, and at least one color option that isn't available in the other models,
as the cool kids would say --- inject this into my veins

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Navy Pier interior is for the birds.....but...

In my past life, I did some work in the art department for a large international marketing company that handled some of the big boys, GM, Pillsbury, P&G, etc... What we did was gather information from the company and produce numerous samples of their product(typically product labeling for consumer driven purchases).

Ford doesn't have two guys in a room playing RGB roulette, it's more likely that there have been numerous blind tests with the primary design team, Ford employees and multiple consumer groups... possibly even Bronco owners groups. It's a grueling process (trust me when I say long nights and many arguments) to narrow down to the final options (in the labeling world...the final singular product presentation). LARGE companies simply do not throw things against the public and hope it sticks (there are always huge failures like 'new Coke' (a new product), but this scenario is really few and far between). In many of these visual tests the differences between option A and option B can be extremely subtle, you might not even be aware of it, but something draws you to one or the other. When the product hits the shelf they already know consumers will pick it up and put in in their cart..

If it's any consolation, you might recall that Henry Ford himself said that you could have the model T in any color....as long as it was black...and people still bought them like they were going out of style. Ford has way too much at stake to not please the masses. 'Enthusiasts' will aftermarket the vehicle until it looks and performs how they want it to anyway, interior color be damned.

While this might not suit OUR pallet desires, Ford already knows it's what the general public WILL buy.

Now how do I feel? I'd bet that Ford has something 'special' up their sleeves. I simply can't imagine excluding 4 wheel enthusiasts that are also executives with deep pockets that will use the FE as a daily driver too. I dropped $133k on my last vehicle and worked within the manufacturers options to get something I liked, not everything I wanted, but enough to get me to finalize the purchase. The issue of the things that I 'wanted' but didn't get or change faded rather quickly.

As a First Edition reservation holder I'm hoping for an all black leather interior with complementary stitching, and at least one color option that isn't available in the other models, why make a limited production of something if its not strikingly different, besides just stuffing it with all of the extras, sticking a name plate on it and calling it something special. For example and some perspective. a BMW 550i, M550i and M5 are all similar, but very, very different visually and in performance. You can see the same through the Mustang line too.

While our hopes might not come to fruition....it's really not a deterrent, I'm still going to buy the FE.

Mr. Levine...here's hoping that the guys at Ford are paying attention to THIS focus group.
Totally agree with everything in your post. But have to wonder how Henry Ford would sucessed in todays car market with the statement "you can have any color as long as it's Black". My guess is he would bankrupt the company within a year with that statement. Lol
As far as navy Pier goes not sure how the focus groups missed the mark, but from most of the thread coments they missed it by a mile. Plus the fact on their most expensive model they only gave one interior choice. I guess we're very lucky to have 4 exterior color choices and I mean that in a sarcàstic way.
Fun fact below, I guess choices are a good thing.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only Screenshot_20200820-113643_Chrome

Last edited:

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Navy Pier interior is for the birds.....but...

In my past life, I did some work in the art department for a large international marketing company that handled some of the big boys, GM, Pillsbury, P&G, etc... What we did was gather information from the company and produce numerous samples of their product(typically product labeling for consumer driven purchases).

Ford doesn't have two guys in a room playing RGB roulette, it's more likely that there have been numerous blind tests with the primary design team, Ford employees and multiple consumer groups... possibly even Bronco owners groups. It's a grueling process (trust me when I say long nights and many arguments) to narrow down to the final options (in the labeling world...the final singular product presentation). LARGE companies simply do not throw things against the public and hope it sticks (there are always huge failures like 'new Coke' (a new product), but this scenario is really few and far between). In many of these visual tests the differences between option A and option B can be extremely subtle, you might not even be aware of it, but something draws you to one or the other. When the product hits the shelf they already know consumers will pick it up and put in in their cart..

If it's any consolation, you might recall that Henry Ford himself said that you could have the model T in any color....as long as it was black...and people still bought them like they were going out of style. Ford has way too much at stake to not please the masses. 'Enthusiasts' will aftermarket the vehicle until it looks and performs how they want it to anyway, interior color be damned.

While this might not suit OUR pallet desires, Ford already knows it's what the general public WILL buy.

Now how do I feel? I'd bet that Ford has something 'special' up their sleeves. I simply can't imagine excluding 4 wheel enthusiasts that are also executives with deep pockets that will use the FE as a daily driver too. I dropped $133k on my last vehicle and worked within the manufacturers options to get something I liked, not everything I wanted, but enough to get me to finalize the purchase. The issue of the things that I 'wanted' but didn't get or change faded rather quickly.

As a First Edition reservation holder I'm hoping for an all black leather interior with complementary stitching, and at least one color option that isn't available in the other models, why make a limited production of something if its not strikingly different, besides just stuffing it with all of the extras, sticking a name plate on it and calling it something special. For example and some perspective. a BMW 550i, M550i and M5 are all similar, but very, very different visually and in performance. You can see the same through the Mustang line too.

While our hopes might not come to fruition....it's really not a deterrent, I'm still going to buy the FE.

Mr. Levine...here's hoping that the guys at Ford are paying attention to THIS focus group.
I agree with a lot of this, but disagree with a bit as well, but that comes from someone who does this in his current life. Not gonna reply with a novel, but we're in the same headspace and I appreciate your input. We also want the same styling, which I doubly appreciate.

Here's to hoping we get what we want and Ford wakes up.

Notes:
  • I noted this before about internal bias with blue being used on high end trims (F-150 limited, Raptors, etc. I believe it's in the First Edition thread). And, if you've been in this industry as a marketing consultant or designer, you can have the best design ever, but the client still needs to CHOOSE it. And you can't force them to choose the right idea. They'll always choose what THEY like. This is what I imagine happened.
  • It'd technically be CMYK Roulette. ?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree with a lot of this, but disagree with a bit as well, but that comes from someone who does this in his current life. Not gonna reply with a novel, but we're in the same headspace and I appreciate your input. We also want the same styling, which I doubly appreciate.

Here's to hoping we get what we want and Ford wakes up.

Notes:
  • I noted this before about internal bias with blue being used on high end trims (F-150 limited, Raptors, etc. I believe it's in the First Edition thread). And, if you've been in this industry as a marketing consultant or designer, you can have the best design ever, but the client still needs to CHOOSE it. And you can't force them to choose the right idea. They'll always choose what THEY like. This is what I imagine happened.
  • It'd technically be CMYK Roulette. ?
Found it.

THEORY: I'm starting to wonder if Ford's obsession with blue is simply because Ford's brand color is blue. Likely, if you go to their corporate offices, blue is everywhere. It's probably a pride thing. They make special edition/expensive things with blue as a sort of trademark, or, as an employee, they're like, "This is how I'd make it for myself!"

But they fail to realize is that they live/breathe the Ford brand and it's a huge part of their lives. Not seeing their bias, they design what they'd like to see, rather than what the customer wants. That's why there are survey groups, sample sizes, etc. The reaction they got from their pre-production shots should tell them what will sell.

Again, this is assumption and conjecture. But if you look at other car brands, they're infinitely less tied to color than Ford is, but also, if you look at other vehicle brands/logos, how many of them have a dedicated color at all... most are neutral, single-color, metal, etc.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You mean like Elon Musk saying you can have a Tesla...as long as it's electric?
Elon is riding high now, but wait until the big boys come down the pipeline with more electric. Hands down, I'd buy a Mustang Mach E over the fugly testala's

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree with you 100% on Tesla....however I believe that you may have missed my point.
I definitely got your point with the Elon / Henry comments. I just thought it would be a excellent oportunty to take a shot at the Musk Rat. (Sorry just not a big fan of him).

Last edited:

Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would also want the rubber floor on FE.
Anyone notice the orange interior options on the Bronco sport?

Re rubber floors: Standard option on the FE

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is it isn’t it? (Hijacked from other thread)
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only 1598028098928

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is it isn’t it? (Hijacked from other thread)
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only tumblr_5c8c841842c5d8696b1451d620d6eef6_c5f225a7_640
I thought it was Navy Pier and black? That's clearly not black. Navy goes better with gray, but still, exterior colors will definitely still clash...

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs