SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has no crack yet but mine has many tiny chips. Like right in front of my view.
Sun shines the right way It glares really bad. I might as well starting looking for replacement -.-
I put a film kit onto mine to hopefully avoid this. So far its working. You might look into it. This is what I used.
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a crack in my windshield also. 4600 miles and came back with a crack on a 2500 road trip. Thankfully I have glass coverage on my insurance policy so I think it's 100 deductible. Interesting that so many Broncos have cracked windshields. Someone above mentioned windshield recall, is there more info on that?

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Drive a lot? Seventy four days from Jan 01 to Mar 15 averages 270 miles a day. That’s using every day possible to determine the average. I used to get frazzled with my 43 mile round trip to and from work. Ride on Brother!
Bet he is glad the seats are more comfortable then a saddle! Bronco On!

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I caught a rock at the very top edge of the windshield, which caused a ~6" crack to form. It slowly grew to about 12" over time, but this morning it decided to just take off and run all the way across the windshield, horizontally. I went ahead and scheduled to have my recall fixed, expecting that they'll just have to replace the whole windshield anyway due to the fact that it likely won't stay together upon removal. The odds of them pre-ordering a windshield for me are at nearly 0%, but I told them I have to have a loaner and can wait on dropping it off until one is available.
Hopefully they will give you a loaner. I read early on that it would take at least three days and they would not give you a loaner.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully they will give you a loaner. I read early on that it would take at least three days and they would not give you a loaner.
I'm hoping they'll bend a little because I'm dropping it off for a host of other problems that I've been putting off, mainly because I hate dealing with dealerships. Windshield recall, new light switch due to my headlights turning on automatically, misaligned driver's door, peeling dealer installed tint, and Sync needs reflash because it's a glitchy POS.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put a film kit onto mine to hopefully avoid this. So far its working. You might look into it. This is what I used.
Good to know! I didn't know there are "screen protectors" for windshields.

I guess I will look into this at the point I decided to get a new windshield.
Its too late for my current one.
Sponsored