First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"...onto the outside of the tailgate..."! If they can't even describe their product, correctly, I'd be concerned about the build quality!
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use multiple packouts including a cooler by milwaukee. Two external side ones (tire repair, first aid and trauma kit, along with extinguisher inside) on my jeep with a cargo shelf to mount one inside with my 4 hose coiled ezflate that fits perfectly. I also have the socket set thin packout but I placed a couple of microfibers inside to keep the rattling away and its quiet as can be.

There are companies that make foam for packouts depending on usage. You could always use a electric meat cutter and make your own cutouts like on firearm cases n such.

Last edited:

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"...onto the outside of the tailgate..."! If they can't even describe their product, correctly, I'd be concerned about the build quality!
Their build quality on everything I have seen or touched is awesome. I wouldn't suggest falling in to the logic trap of comparing oranges to apples. They are fabricators with a hell of allot of desert racing experience more so than copy writers or marketing people.

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last week FMI released this folding tailgate table that has a built-in plate for mounting PACKOUT tool boxes. Here's some pics and details from the foutz website for anyone interested in what the features are, etc.

I honestly think this new set up is awesome and i would like to know what other Bronco owners think - feel free to let me know your thoughts

bronco-bronco-raptor-folding-tailgate-table-hatch-packout-tool-storage-plate-mount  (2).png
?hash=a7016cd0196d07dadcae8f711dc2b4b6.png

TAILGATE TABLE WITH BUILT-IN PACKOUT MOUNT
  • the integrated plate design allows you to easily mount a variety of Packout Gear onto the outside of the tailgate with the table folded up or down
  • Turns the stock swing gate into a functional storage space so you can conveniently secure & mount your Packout tool boxes on the go
  • Great accessory for tailgating, camping, or for any time you need extra shelf space
  • R&D tested in extreme off-road conditions with up to 40 lbs mounted to plate
  • Laser cut in-house out of aluminum and powder coated in hammer black for ultimate strength and durability
  • Does not interfere with the back storage area when Packout gear is mounted & stowed with the rear hatch closed
milwaukee-packout-tool-box-storage-mounting-plate-folding-tailgate-table-bronco-raptor (1).png
FOLDED DOWN
  • (2) ultimate strength 18" stainless steel cables that allows the table to withstand heavy amounts of weight
  • Tailgate opens into a sturdy table-top surface within seconds while Packout gear remains secured to plate mount on the other side
  • Convenient Extra shelf space will come in handy for all your off-road or outdoor adventures

FOLDED UP
  • (2) quick release latches at the top will secure the the table when you fold it back up
  • Rubber bumpers are built into the back wall to ensure you don't have rattling or vibration noises when driving on the trails
  • The slim design of the table allows you to have more cargo space in the rear by closing into itself
milwaukee-packout-tool-box-storage-mounting-plate-folding-tailgate-table-bronco-raptor (1).jpg

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...gate-fold-down-table-with-packout-plate-mount

bronco-bronco-raptor-folding-tailgate-table-hatch-packout-tool-storage-plate-mount  (1).png
Just got my pack out setup this week so this may have to be next. I was pleasantly surprised the Packout setup I got fits all in the back with no issues.

image0.jpeg

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am using the Ford molle grate system. Works great. no noise or rattles, and I keep socket wrench tools in one of the pockets.
Sponsored