Sponsored

Ford Canada Holding Pricing? Only if you have cash in hand.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is official. I no longer have a pony in this race. Despite several promised build dates, I was unable to secure any kind of guarantee I would see my Bronco in 2021, and if I did, the price was already going up.

Now before you ask, YES I had a deposit (now refunded) and a signed Order Agreement - BUT I was financing the Bronco. Our American friends have plenty of access to third party financing, but in Canada the banks donā€™t like financing vehicles. They Will do it, but not at the same (relatively) low rate as the manufacturers. When I had my first build date in June, I was quoted 3.2% financing by Ford. As of Tuesday that rate had climbed to 4.49%. Yes, Ford will honour the sales price offered at time of order, but at a higher interest rate to recoup costs / profit on the sale.

Donā€™t beat me up too bad. I am in mourning over my decision to cancel. In the end I did it because I do want a vehicle this year, and I have lost all faith in Fordā€™s ability/intent to deliver. I am working with a local Jeep dealer on a 2021 JL (with factory White Hardtop - a dual top model, actually) but would have gladly taken my Bronco even at the higher rate if I could have.

anyway folks, itā€™s been a helluva ride. I wish you all the best with your Broncos, and hope to see you out on the trails.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ReimundKrohn

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is official. I no longer have a pony in this race. Despite several promised build dates, I was unable to secure any kind of guarantee I would see my Bronco in 2021, and if I did, the price was already going up.

Now before you ask, YES I had a deposit (now refunded) and a signed Order Agreement - BUT I was financing the Bronco. Our American friends have plenty of access to third party financing, but in Canada the banks donā€™t like financing vehicles. They Will do it, but not at the same (relatively) low rate as the manufacturers. When I had my first build date in June, I was quoted 3.2% financing by Ford. As of Tuesday that rate had climbed to 4.49%. Yes, Ford will honour the sales price offered at time of order, but at a higher interest rate to recoup costs / profit on the sale.

Donā€™t beat me up too bad. I am in mourning over my decision to cancel. In the end I did it because I do want a vehicle this year, and I have lost all faith in Fordā€™s ability/intent to deliver. I am working with a local Jeep dealer on a 2021 JL (with factory White Hardtop - a dual top model, actually) but would have gladly taken my Bronco even at the higher rate if I could have.

anyway folks, itā€™s been a helluva ride. I wish you all the best with your Broncos, and hope to see you out on the trails.
FYI - Jeep is offering 3.49% and up to 96 month terms. I went with a more expensive build (2021 Sting Grey Unlimited Islander package with tow package and dual tops).

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReimundKrohn

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just an update of sorts; my new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited was delivered tonight by the dealer! They drove it three hours to my house (thatā€™s one way), no charge! Filled ā€˜er up and got me everything I need to get out there. It has been an Awesome experience, and I canā€™t recommend the dealer (Straightline in Fort Saskatchewan) highly enough!

The sound with the Premium Audio system is amazing! Having the speakers right above the driver and passengers makes for a top-down immersive experience. As good as in my Rav-4, no - but far better than most off roaders. I get that Ford engineers figured the sound bar was ā€œin the wayā€ of back seat passengers and would therefore detract from the open air experience with the top offā€¦.. but when in a vehicle, you have a person in the drivers seat 100% of the time. How often do you have back seat passengersā€¦ AND the top down or off? Iā€™ll keep my tunes, thanks!
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. A0A66815-7D34-4740-A9CA-CC36A1120C5E
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. 79AD8054-9C43-4467-AB70-3B318B695E3B
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. F9166C3D-C265-42A7-B09A-E1430140BA52
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. 3A0BFAFA-25F6-4A29-B9B3-0DB0790FC1F1
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. 337D7777-D4D3-4C9F-BE91-F1B9CBB7AA2F
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. FA877B67-40E8-4B5F-8687-2AF91059F872
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. EAB71F05-3E0B-4BF7-9E5D-B00DDD8BE778

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an update of sorts; my new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited was delivered tonight by the dealer! They drove it three hours to my house (thatā€™s one way), no charge! Filled ā€˜er up and got me everything I need to get out there. It has been an Awesome experience, and I canā€™t recommend the dealer (Straightline in Fort Saskatchewan) highly enough!

The sound with the Premium Audio system is amazing! Having the speakers right above the driver and passengers makes for a top-down immersive experience. As good as in my Rav-4, no - but far better than most off roaders. I get that Ford engineers figured the sound bar was ā€œin the wayā€ of back seat passengers and would therefore detract from the open air experience with the top offā€¦.. but when in a vehicle, you have a person in the drivers seat 100% of the time. How often do you have back seat passengersā€¦ AND the top down or off? Iā€™ll keep my tunes, thanks!
Ford Bronco Ford Canada Holding Pricing?   Only if you have cash in hand. EAB71F05-3E0B-4BF7-9E5D-B00DDD8BE778
Congrats on the new Jeep!

I would think that speakers could be mounted in the B-pillar, or at the very top of the B-pillar. Sure, they might stick into the middle-ish of the vehicle a bit, but you shouldnā€™t need an entire bar to go across. And it would have a very, very minimal impact to the open-air-experience.

Anyways, I donā€™t design these vehicles. Just seems like a logical solution to have the best of both worlds.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A man gotta do what a man gotta do. Congratulations, and enjoy that Jeep.

BTW, we bought a JL in '19 to bridge the gap between then, and the time we get the Bronco. It has been a lot of fun, and I expect I'll miss it a bit when the Bronco arrives.
Sponsored