Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

From Ford Authority:

https://fordauthority.com/2023/02/ford-ranked-well-below-average-in-2023-dependability-study/

Last year, Ford averaged 188 problems per 100 vehicles (PP100), which ranked it above the industry average of 192 problems per 100 vehicles, as well as 16th among all automotive brands. However, the 2023 Dependability Study shows that FoMoCo plummeted to 29th place – near the bottom of the pack – with 249 problems per 100 vehicles. Meanwhile, the industry as a whole actually improved by 6 PP100, from 195 to 186, year-over-year.

The 2023 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study is based on the responses of 30,062 original owners of 2020 model-year vehicles after three years of ownership. It examines how 2020 model-year vehicles are currently performing in terms of quality, component replacement, and appeal – including those vehicles with new technology – and helps automotive manufacturers design and build better vehicles to stand the test of time and promote higher resale value. This year’s study covers 184 specific problem areas across nine major vehicle categories – climate; driving assistance; driving experience; exterior; features/controls/displays; infotainment; interior; powertrain; and seats.
Sponsored

Leadville

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
. . Ford plummeted to 29th . .

2023 Dependability Study is based on 2020 model-year vehicles after 3-years of ownership . . .

So this '23 Study does not include any Broncos yet

Just wait till next year when they include the '21 Broncos. Then Ford will be #1 again . .

OP
OP
Lowcountry Bronco

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So this '23 Study does not include any Broncos yet

Just wait till next year when they include the '21 Broncos. Then Ford will be #1 again . .
Oh shoot ... I didn't even put it together that the Bronco wasn't included ... Yep, Ford should take that coveted spot for the '24 Survey!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I find this interesting. My Bronco :)knockonwood:) has been great. My, now totaled, 15 Expedition EL, was great with just paint issues (corrosion of the aluminum). My 05 Mustang has been awesome. However the 13 Explorer I had was a joke. Fit and finish was horrid. Just generally like it was tossed together by people who didn't care. Same with every other Explorer I've sat in.

That said I do have another recall on the Bronco. 🤷 I'm still a Ford guy and yet I have Ford, GM, Mopar and Honda in the driveway.
Sponsored