First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have to reset everything on the screen again after you reconnect?
I’ve had to reset basic sound settings (treble, bass, fade, speed sensitivity), but stations and wifi settings remained.
Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok that’s good to know. Mines been off since the 15th. This is atleast the third or forth time it happened. All those other times it was at the ford plant after they activated the FordPass there. I was able to see action from my end and it went out every so often while it was sitting in Michigan since January
As OP posed a moment ago about sound settings, i haven't checked those or other settings like locks, lights, etc. I just saw that my XM presets were there and my phone / Carplay were working. I'll have to check those later.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine went out yesterday. No connectivity. Shows my car in the last place I was at. Can’t get a wifi connection to my home router.

OP
OP
Bugkillah

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine went out yesterday. No connectivity. Shows my car in the last place I was at. Can’t get a wifi connection to my home router.
Did you do the fix?

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not yet.

Sponsored

Prowarbler

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just did this and it worked for me. I was able to pull the #20 fuse a month or so ago when it stopped the first time, but that didn't work this time. I kept the negative cable disconnected for 15 minutes. It's easy as there's only one nut to loosen.
Yes it is very easy. That is not the point!

BradOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my 2023 Bronco Outer Banks on Mar. 16th. Setup Fordpass same day, everything was working fine. But, on Mar. 22nd, the Bronco wasn't connecting to the internet, the icon (arrows) was not appearing, and the Bronco would not communicate with the Fordpass app.
It was odd since everything was working earlier in the day, and I even received confirmation of my Fordpass points for purchasing the new vehicle.

Spoke to Fordpass rep and got this:
"I do see the modem has stopped responding inside the vehicle.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on with 23 Broncos as well as the 23 F-150s losing connection. This is a modem issue our engineers are trying to fix.

We have been advised that there is supposed to be an over the air update released to fix the connectivity issues released next month but we do not know the exact date at this time.

There is a service message reflecting your vehicle for this particular issue."

Then the agent provided this service message number: SSM 51458.
She also said to have automatic updates set to "ON".

So hopefully we get a fix in April!
If any of you receive the update or have any more info, please update this thread.

Another question is, I wonder if we will be compensated for this somehow, as there are freebies like Alexa, Streaming, etc.

BradOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my 2023 Bronco Outer Banks on Mar. 16th. Setup Fordpass same day, everything was working fine. But, on Mar. 22nd, the Bronco wasn't connecting to the internet, the icon (arrows) was not appearing, and the Bronco would not communicate with the Fordpass app.
It was odd since everything was working earlier in the day, and I even received confirmation of my Fordpass points for purchasing the new vehicle.

Spoke to Fordpass rep and got this:
"I do see the modem has stopped responding inside the vehicle.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on with 23 Broncos as well as the 23 F-150s losing connection. This is a modem issue our engineers are trying to fix.

We have been advised that there is supposed to be an over the air update released to fix the connectivity issues released next month but we do not know the exact date at this time.

There is a service message reflecting your vehicle for this particular issue."

Then the agent provided this service message number: SSM 51458.
She also said to have automatic updates set to "ON".

So hopefully we get a fix in April!
If any of you receive the update or have any more info, please update this thread.

Another question is, I wonder if we will be compensated for this somehow, as there are freebies like Alexa, Streaming, etc.
Here's an update y'all (March 28, 2023) I received the update (4.2.1), Modem is working again!
See screenshot:

Ford Pass Update.jpeg

tide96

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well mine stopped working on March 18th. I've pulled the battery for 15mins or longer. Reset the radio. Still the modem is not working. I checked for updates , no update for my radio. I have the 8 inch screen. Here are screen shots what's mine showing. I bet my modem needs to be reset by a dealer.

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

OP
OP
Bugkillah

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well mine stopped working on March 18th. I've pulled the battery for 15mins or longer. Reset the radio. Still the modem is not working. I checked for updates , no update for my radio. I have the 8 inch screen. Here are screen shots what's mine showing. I bet my modem needs to be reset by a dealer.

Ford Bronco FordPass stopped working, ford says… IMG_1180

Ford Bronco FordPass stopped working, ford says… IMG_1180
Usually a disconnect for 10 minutes works, you may need a trip to your local shop. Good luck, let us know.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bugkillah

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a Ford power up update in the 3rd week of March. The vehicle has stayed connected to FordPass ever since. The longest I previously stayed connected was ~10 days. Looks like that was the update that had been promised. Reconnect your radio to FordPass if it disconnects, hopefully anyone who hasn’t gotten the update will.
Sponsored