Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We like doing two coolers. The Yeti gets all the perishables. We leave it locked in the vehicle and try to never open it except briefly at mealtime. Drinks and less perishables like butter and cheese and ham and jelly (yes, the lunch stuff) go in the second cooler which is either my smallish Igloo or the ancient steel Coleman my kid inherited from his grandpa.

Most people don't camp for more than a couple days and camp near enough to a town or camp store that they can always buy more ice and don't really need a Yeti or a 12v fridge. And unless you are truly "overlanding" and driving all day every day and only setting up camp at night for dinner and sleeping, to run a power fridge without worrying about your car battery you will want a dedicated battery and/or solar panels and/or a gas generator (although I guess you could stay at a campground that has shore power).

Similar to other comments on this thread, the "right" answer depends of what you need. With my Bronco, I am hoping to go farther back into the woods (and farther out into the desert), so I think about a second Yeti and a 12V fridge, but I promised myself not to buy any more gear until I am sure how much of my current gear I can fit in my 2-door.
Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm doing a Yeti plus a built-in ice maker to feed it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you everyone. You all were very helpful. I won't be out there doing an "into the wild". 3 days at most

A yeti cooler is my choice

Thanks again guys
Heck 3 days at most, a regular old igloo will work with just a block of ice.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have 2 knockoffs a 21qt and a 35 qt. I love em and would spend a day trip without one. Yeah they use power but if you plan on camping either run dual batteries or just bring a marine battery with ya and a 10 to 50 watt solar panel. If the fridge is pulling power a small panel doesnt even need a controller. After your trip put the battery on a maintainer in the garage.

This one they offer costs as much as both of mine together so i would skip it. The other downside of coolers other than the ton of space you save without needing ice is that ice is wet. I can put small pizza box in mine to keep it fresh. PB and J in a paper bag, milk carton, a fountain drink cup, no problem. Mine is always there ready to run. Me and my wife have been on a popsicle kick lately. Most excellent while running errands on a hot day in the tropics.

Bottom line get one. one way or the other. Its a crime that every new car that cost more than a kei car doesnt come with one of these and a tiny panel on the roof is a crime against humanity.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fridge/freezer vs cooler is a topic all its own - really depends on the nature of what you need to keep cold/frozen, how long you need to do it, and how often you'll be running a power source (or having a 2nd battery). As to the Ford fridge option - that's easy, you can do a lot better for the money with other vendors. IMO it's not a good deal.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fridge/freezer vs cooler is a topic all its own - really depends on the nature of what you need to keep cold/frozen, how long you need to do it, and how often you'll be running a power source (or having a 2nd battery). As to the Ford fridge option - that's easy, you can do a lot better for the money with other vendors. IMO it's not a good deal.
Sometimes ill pay a premium for an integrated solution. But I think my assumption about the fridge advertised on their page is just that... an assumption. Nothing indicating that it is in any way more integrated (perfect space for fit, hidden power cord, integration with dash) than an after market

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have both yeti and rtic coolers. My rtic holds ice longer and stays colder than the yeti. Just sayin.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct that ford fridge is very similar to a under $400 Dometic model. But what if it has stickers? And pineapple pizza inside?

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am potentially looking at a Snowmaster fridge/freezer for longer trips. Expensive, although has some useful features such as a solar panel to draw power from. When the vehicle is off

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am potentially looking at a Snowmaster fridge/freezer for longer trips. Expensive, although has some useful features such as a solar panel to draw power from. When the vehicle is off
Is that solar panel powerful enough to sufficiently charge it? Not really up on modern solar tech capability, but from what I remember it requires a whole lot of sun to even just charge a phone

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct that ford fridge is very similar to a under $400 Dometic model. But what if it has stickers? And pineapple pizza inside?
The Bronco won't get stickers but the cooler or fridge definitely will! And pineapple pizza is a must ?

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that solar panel powerful enough to sufficiently charge it? Not really up on modern solar tech capability, but from what I remember it requires a whole lot of sun to even just charge a phone
No clue. I agree, It would be of concern if the panel can generate enough. In looking it over briefly, It would seem there is a rechargeable battery that can be charged off the panel as well as the vehicle. Here is a link to the one I would more than likely get.

https://www.snomasterusa.com/product/classic-series-bdc-60d-stainless-steel-acdc-fridgefreezer/
Sponsored