ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 2 door 2.7 Sasquatch, I have owned it for 6 months and when I first got it and filled it with gas the miles until empty gauge would read 345 until empty. Just recently when I fill it up the miles until empty gauge barely reads 300 miles until empty. Has anyone else had this same issue and does anyone know what the true range should read at a full tank?
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have 2 door 2.7 Sasquatch, I have owned it for 6 months and when I first got it and filled it with gas the miles until empty gauge would read 345 until empty. Just recently when I fill it up the miles until empty gauge barely reads 300 miles until empty. Has anyone else had this same issue and does anyone know what the true range should read at a full tank?
Have you been making shorter trips and warming up now that its cold? Also the cold itself will cause your vehicle MPG to drop as well. The Miles til empty is based on current fill level and overall MPGs it will fluctuate as your vehicles MPG reading changes and fill changes.

luntz

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just filled my 2 dr sas for the first time yesterday and it showed 250 till empty....sad.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Range is not a static number, its dynamic. It will vary on temp, altitude, quality of gas, ethanol %, 4x4 engaged, engine temp, trans temp, your driving, type of terrain, etc.

Range is going to be between 270miles (13mpg) to 420+ (20+mpg) for a 4dr.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I drove my 2.7 (2-door) SAS on the highway for 500 miles last week in sub-30-degree weather. We maintained 75 mph and got a 200-mile range on one tank of gas. I also noticed the 1st quarter tank lasted 35 miles while the last three quarters lasted 55 miles each. I had read that it holds almost a full gallon past E. I guess the fuel gauge is skewed toward empty. This was consistent for three fill-ups. Once we arrived at our destination and dipped below 75mph our MPG increased substantially.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've run on "Zero to empty" twice, to bone-dry empty (carrying 2-gallon fuel can and making sure I could coast off-road).
I got 21 miles the first time, 30 miles the 2nd. I'll push "Empty," a little, but not past 18 miles.
If you run out of gas, empty, coast carefully to the side and off the road completely if possible. The fuel pump requires about 2 gallon minimum to restart the motor.

Edit: carry a fuel can with a good spout. The various "safe" or "no-spill" gas cans you get in the big box stores are cumbersome, difficult to release the lock, and actually spill lots of fuel. A true example of the ineptitude of the Regulatory State.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Made a trip to NM and back during Chistmas, found out this beast likes to go 60-70MPH on the hwy to get the most MPGs, and if you are fighting wind, forget about mileage, just enjoy the drive.

I averaged 12-14MPG fighting wind at 80MPH, when there was no wind and I was going 80MPH, I averaved 15.5, and when I drove up to the mountains and back at 65MPH with no wind, I averaged 19. I just made a trip to LA last weekend and kept it at 70MPH and also averaged 19MPG. I have left it in sport mode, I didn't see any benifit from Eco or Normal, i feel I got more MPGs in sport. The best I have seen on my tank meter is 330 until empty, the worst was 230. 🍻

Edit: I should have mentioned I had a Thule roof carrier ontop and was fully packed down, wife, 2 teens and our Husky in the cargo area, I also had a hitch tray on the back carrying all our snowboarding gear in a large Pelican case

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've run on "Zero to empty" twice, to bone-dry empty (carrying 2-gallon fuel can and making sure I could coast off-road).
I got 21 miles the first time, 30 miles the 2nd. I'll push "Empty," a little, but not past 18 miles.
If you run out of gas, empty, coast carefully to the side and off the road completely if possible. The fuel pump requires about 2 gallon minimum to restart the motor.

Edit: carry a fuel can with a good spout. The various "safe" or "no-spill" gas cans you get in the big box stores are cumbersome, difficult to release the lock, and actually spill lots of fuel. A true example of the ineptitude of the Regulatory State.
Ford Bronco Full Tank Range? 1673561059979

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The first few tanks I was around 22mpg with the SAS 2dr. Now things have dropped to around 18-19mpg.

I suspect when the engine (spark plugs in particular) were brand new we were seeing awesome performance but that dwindles quickly.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OBX 2.7 2 door... 390 to 402 till empty....

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2.3 more door is sitting at 17.7 mpg, so roughly 350 miles a tank for 20 gallons. This is mostly local driving with a sprinkling of road trips of 300 miles+ one way.

If you are outside to powerband on the 2.3 (over 80 mph) you can see the gas gauge dropping, it funnels fuel with the high RPMs.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Highway trip, 70mph+
320.6 miles
16.44 gallons
2 adults plus luggage
only mod was ZroadZ sliders.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2.3 more door is sitting at 17.7 mpg, so roughly 350 miles a tank for 20 gallons. This is mostly local driving with a sprinkling of road trips of 300 miles+ one way.

If you are outside to powerband on the 2.3 (over 80 mph) you can see the gas gauge dropping, it funnels fuel with the high RPMs.
I think you'll find that's because you're using more turbo boost at that point. Higher boost number = higher fuel consumption.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2.7 SAS.

The estimate is based on the average MPG you get.
I used to get over 300 miles when I first got it. Was around 18.7 MPG.
I now get 17.9 MPG. Every fill up the estimated range does not go over 300 anymore.
Sponsored