First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello, thanks for welcoming me to the Bronco6G forum!

I currently own a 93 Bronco as well as a 21 Mustang GT and an 84 Mustang GT. I'll be selling off my 21 and 93 to buy myself a new Bronco though!

I'm mostly joining to try ad keep an eye on stock trends and am looking for a way to monitor when Ford will open ordering back up again.

Look forward to joining the group!
Sponsored

PatsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I currently own a 93 Bronco as well as a 21 Mustang GT and an 84 Mustang GT. I'll be selling off my 21 and 93 to buy myself a new Bronco though!

I'm mostly joining to try ad keep an eye on stock trends and am looking for a way to monitor when Ford will open ordering back up again.

Welcome! It’s kind of a minefield around here… but over all there is a wealth of knowledge to be had.

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Having sold my '92 after buying my '21, there are a couple of thing to be aware of. You will be losing about a foot of width in the interior so you cannot carry as much stuff in the back. The rear window hinges up and the tailgate swings out so If you plan on towing a trailer, it could be an issue since you may not be able to access the stuff in the back when the trailer is on the hitch. Your max towing capacity is lower, only 3,500 lbs.

Now for the good things. You don't have to be as concerned with breaking down. You can go faster than 70 mph without the truck shaking. You will have higher factory ground clearance. The new trucks are already setup for additional lighting if you get the upfitter switches.

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Hi! Welcome!

I own a 89' Bronco and a new Bronco. The new Bronco is way different. The 89 is basically a short F150 of the era with a covered rear and rear seats. MUCH more truck like than the new one. The new one is more of a compact or mid-size vehicle. Much more nimble and capable off road for sure though. I love the V8 in the 89' but the modern drivetrain is so smooth and powerful you cant complain really. Build quality of the new one is not great but hey its par for the course for modern Ford vehicles it seems.

OP
OP

emorgan35

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the feedback on the transition!

I'm tired of the fix one thing and something else breaks situation with the 93 so that's honestly my biggest concern is getting something more reliable. I just want to be able to pack up a quick load of camping gear, the dog and wife and not worry about if we'll make it up the mountain or not haha.

I did go on a test drive with the 4 door and felt like the view and feel from the driver seat was super familiar and similar to mine. Can't wait to be able to get my hands on one! Last dealer was trying to charge me 20k over MSRP :rolleyes:
Sponsored