Sponsored

Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much?

OP
OP

Legion1271

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, it's not the wheels chucking the gravel, it's the tires. But there aren't too many wheels out there with the same stock offset so most will stick out some even at 8.5" wide which means more rocks getting thrown up. The stock wheels might be your best bet, just getting a different tread tire design will probably help.
Yeah I meant the tires lol 😂 definitely doing a different tread, but I definitely just want some wheels that look better than the stock SAS ones
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if you have a 9" wide wheel and compared to OEM at 8.5 .. you have an extra .5" which you would divide in half and it will poke out at both side (inner and outer). So .25 inches on either side is where the extra width would go.

It also depends if you are staying with the 8.5" wide wheel or going to a 9" wide wheel. If you go to the 9" wide with the 17 offset it wills stick out almost a full inch over the stock wheel. You need to look at the combination of width plus offset/backspacing to figure out if it tucks in too far or sticks out too far.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of good web sites out there for you to play and learn how changes to tire size and offset will play tirecomparsion.com is a good place to start. Also google and YouTube backspace and offset as they are different you can find spreadsheets which will help you understand changes if you are changing rim width and last if your going to be airing down understand the 70% rule for tire width to rim width and how the amount of sidewall matters. Not an expert by any means it took me almost 3 months of reading to figure out my tire/wheel combo as I was looking to go from stock to 35’s with no poke good luck

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
if you have a 9" wide wheel and compared to OEM at 8.5 .. you have an extra .5" which you would divide in half and it will poke out at both side (inner and outer). So .25 inches on either side is where the extra width would go.
If the offset is the same, yes, but if you go to the 9" wide wheel with the same offset then that might be too much backspacing and make contact on the inside. This chart is a good reference when looking at wheels, offset and backspacing. The link is a great reference for factory wheels, size, bolt pattern, offset and even hub bore.

List of car vendors and makes. Wheel fitment and tire size guide and knowledge base. - Wheel-Size.com

Ford Bronco Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much? backspacing_chart

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you are correct. OEM sas is 8.5 at +30 and if you ran the same offset with a 9” wheel you would be closer on the inside at .25” … like i said take the increase width and divide by 2 then add the result to the inside and outside

If the offset is the same, yes, but if you go to the 9" wide wheel with the same offset then that might be too much backspacing and make contact on the inside. This chart is a good reference when looking at wheels, offset and backspacing. The link is a great reference for factory wheels, size, bolt pattern, offset and even hub bore.

List of car vendors and makes. Wheel fitment and tire size guide and knowledge base. - Wheel-Size.com

Ford Bronco Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much? backspacing_chart

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really want to school yourself with solid info, here is one of many resources.
Tons of tire info, calculators and comparison tools, plus some solid research info.
https://tiresize.com/

Method Racing wheels has numerous offerings from +35 to 0mm if you like.

I'm running +35's (on a non-squatch, mostly flush with those flares) because I am not a fan of poke .... I'm still getting a ton of debris on the rig. No mud flaps yet though, gonna have to, my doors are chipped to shit.

35 x 11.5 - 17 Toyo's on Method +35mm wheels.

Ford Bronco Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much? 1670650714857

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. Is going down to +17mm from 30 going to be a huge difference?
+17 should put your tread about flush with the edge of the flare. It will look good. I run +18 and have about 1.5" of poke with regular flares.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Learn from my “mistake.” Take backspacing into consideration when shopping wheels; especially if you’re going to consider a lift at any point.

17x8.5 Zero Offset is a very common spec for builds.

If you’re just looking for a little more “poke” stay +30 to +18

(offset and backspacing are mathematically related, however backspacing is a more accurate engineering specification to grab when considering other engineered aftermarket parts.) B=(W+1)/2 +(+/-ET)

Offset vs. Backspacing is well covered here and on the internet already, I won’t regurgitate it.

I just had to change wheels to accommodate the lift I’m working on. When you look through most of the aftermarket UCA spec sheets, they call out a maximum backspacing of 5.00” with a recommended of 4.75”

17x8.5 ET0 4.75” Backspacing
Ford Bronco Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much? C384861F-79EE-46D8-AD53-50EB1652EC2E

17x8.5 ET+18 5.46” Backspacing
Ford Bronco Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much? F5E5465B-68EC-46F0-999C-950163BFE19E

Last edited:
OP
OP

Legion1271

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What tires are you planning ?
real 35's ?

Hey, what's wrong with factory SQ wheels ?
Nothing is wrong with them haha, I should've been more specific but I was mainly talking about the tires when I said "gravel-chuckers" because they have a big tendency to pick up a TON of gravel in the treads

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another option to complicate the decision, lol, is going with the standard flares rather than the wider Sasquatch flares. I like the look of the standard flares(painted or unpainted) with standard +30 OEM offset vs the wider flares with 0 offset. You wind up with the same amount of poke, it’s just personal preference on how wide you like your fender flares. You also preserve the factory design/handling/turn radius although I doubt many who are putting on aftermarket wheels care about such things. :)

OEM Sasquatch wheels with 315/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s. BTW, these tires are FANTASTIC in the snow.

Ford Bronco Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much? 3A5DCECE-0B67-4B8E-B7A7-EA9D98BCE22D

OP
OP

Legion1271

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Learn from my “mistake.” Take backspacing into consideration when shopping wheels; especially if you’re going to consider a lift at any point.

17x8.5 Zero Offset is a very common spec for builds.

If you’re just looking for a little more “poke” stay +30 to +18

(offset and backspacing are mathematically related, however backspacing is a more accurate engineering specification to grab when considering other engineered aftermarket parts.) B=(W+1)/2

Offset vs. Backspacing is well covered here and on the internet already, I won’t regurgitate it.

I just had to change wheels to accommodate the lift I’m working on. When you look through most of the aftermarket UCA spec sheets, they call out a maximum backspacing of 5.00” with a recommended of 4.75”

17x8.5 ET0 4.75” Backspacing
Ford Bronco Get rims that have a similar offset to what the stock wheels have? Or is switching the offset going to change much? 3A5DCECE-0B67-4B8E-B7A7-EA9D98BCE22D

17x8.5 ET+18 5.46” Backspacing
Thanks for this info! I'm definitely settling on 8.5 inch wheels with an 18mm offset for just a bit more aggressive stance!
Sponsored