Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Part of my point is just how varied the class is with regulations and such.

I am not here talking smack on the Bronco, in any trim. Just talking racing, and it wasnt much of one.

While both are running in the same class, the Bronco is variant of a mass production vehicle, sorry they're literally not in any way an analogous comparison.

This isn't like the GT, where Ford set out to build a racecar for Le Mans and a low volume production supercar.

The Bronco R is just like the GT350RC Ford is using racing via Ford Performance Products help validate programs based on a mass produced platform. Those variants ultimately will have go go down Flatrock or Michigan assembly plants with plain Jane base 2.3 Mustangs and Broncos.

A Ford GT with no fenders and long travel suspension is more in league of what the Boot is in terms of production volume and how you build cars when the volume is so low.

Ford probably has more money in the purchase price of Bronco grill injection mold tooling then the jigs for the entirety of the chassis system of the Boot.

SCG would have to give up 5% of their total production capacity just to just to get through NHSTA and IIHS crash worthiness evaluations, and you know their not designing or protecting for them. I don't think I even saw an Airbag for the street version, and I would have real serious doubts on how the 4door version performs in a side impact or oblique pole crash scenarios.

Designing and building low volume race vehicles with a coat a lipstick on them is much more straight forward then a mass production vehicle that has to meet industry and federal safety, crash, and emission standards.

That's not even considering Bronco has to share basic architectural monuments with another vehicle platform, and the limitations of said manufacturing facility and all that is wrapped up in trying being profitable while beating the Bronco's actual competition; a highly profitable some what modern wagon with a cult like following that is very capable off-road regardless of its trim level.

That's not so straight forward.

Jim Glickenhaus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCG Boot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While both are running in the same class, the Bronco is variant of a mass production vehicle, sorry they're literally not in any way an analogous comparison.

This isn't like the GT, where Ford set out to build a racecar for Le Mans and a low volume production supercar.

The Bronco R is just like the GT350RC Ford is using racing via Ford Performance Products help validate programs based on a mass produced platform. Those variants ultimately will have go go down Flatrock or Michigan assembly plants with plain Jane base 2.3 Mustangs and Broncos.

A Ford GT with no fenders and long travel suspension is more in league of what the Boot is in terms of production volume and how you build cars when the volume is so low.

Ford probably has more money in the purchase price of Bronco grill injection mold tooling then the jigs for the entirety of the chassis system of the Boot.

SCG would have to give up 5% of their total production capacity just to just to get through NHSTA and IIHS crash worthiness evaluations, and you know their not designing or protecting for them. I don't think I even saw an Airbag for the street version, and I would have real serious doubts on how the 4door version performs in a side impact or oblique pole crash scenarios.

Designing and building low volume race vehicles with a coat a lipstick on them is much more straight forward then a mass production vehicle that has to meet industry and federal safety, crash, and emission standards.

That's not even considering Bronco has to share basic architectural monuments with another vehicle platform, and the limitations of said manufacturing facility and all that is wrapped up in trying being profitable while beating the Bronco's actual competition; a highly profitable some what modern wagon with a cult like following that is very capable off-road regardless of its trim level.

The Bronco we beat in class 2 by 5 hours and 15 minutes was not by any stretch of the imagination a stock vehicle. It was a full factory Race Truck built by a well known Baja Trophy Truck builder. It was offered for sale to other teams for $500,000 which is $100,000 more than we'll sell you a Glickenhaus Race Boot. AFAIK no race Bronco's were bought and I very much doubt the "Bronco" will return to race next year while we will. The Glickenhaus Boot that won in 2019 and 2020, and the Road Boots we're building in 2021 (Our back orders now stretch into 2022) were and will meet all FMVSS/EPA/CARB requirements and are in the process of being crash tested. The Glickenhaus Boot is so strong that we will only need to crash test one with minor rebuilding between all required crash tests.

Jim Glickenhaus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCG Boot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We didn't start this thread. Werded Performance did. We respond.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We didn't start this thread. Werded Performance did. We respond.
True on the Infomercial feel. It's also true, though, this is in a Bronco R thread directly related to the Boot. One thing I can say about the Glick - as single minded and limited in scope as he may be :) , he speaks factually. Unless I missed something, looking back on dialog shows positive comments from Glick about the Bronco and direct challenges to the 3rd party Bronco R team specifically related to racing.

My takeaway? I have heard a brilliant fellow who doesn't mince words and has unlimited funds to advance off road technology, say he thinks the Bronco is well built. Glick, I would look forward to more positive Bronco commentary though as much as I look forward to hearing what's happening with the Boot. I'll need to know what's going on because, considering I've grown up a stone's throw from your garage our $neighborhood will likely have more $Boots than Broncos on the trails. Ironically, because this is one of the wealthiest counties in the country I'll be the interesting fellow on the trails :). I look forward to rubbing bumpers !

Sponsored

Jim Glickenhaus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCG Boot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True on the Infomercial feel. It's also true, though, this is in a Bronco R thread directly related to the Boot. One thing I can say about the Glick - as single minded and limited in scope as he may be :) , he speaks factually. Unless I missed something, looking back on dialog shows positive comments from Glick about the Bronco and direct challenges to the 3rd party Bronco R team specifically related to racing.

My takeaway? I have heard a brilliant fellow who doesn't mince words and has unlimited funds to advance off road technology, say he thinks the Bronco is well built. Glick, I would look forward to more positive Bronco commentary though as much as I look forward to hearing what's happening with the Boot. I'll need to know what's going on because, considering I've grown up a stone's throw from your garage our $neighborhood will likely have more $Boots than Broncos on the trails. Ironically, because this is one of the wealthiest counties in the country I'll be the interesting fellow on the trails :). I look forward to rubbing bumpers !
:)

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, Boot starts at $258,000.00 or about 4 First Edition Broncos.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, Boot starts at $258,000.00 or about 4 First Edition Broncos.
For now. Remember, we have between 1 and 3 months of more price switching time from Ford, available...

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For now. Remember, we have between 1 and 3 months of more price switching time from Ford, available...
Right now imagine if you were on the MachE reservation list....

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To keep things in perspective that video shows a 700-800 hp v8 in stock form overtaking a v6 300hp in stock form . So it really doesn't matter how much money Ford puts into the suspension that's hard to beat that kind of horsepower.

So for those of us that are ordering the Bronco with the v6 I'm actually quite impressed! While the R Bronco is modified the engine and transmission is in stock form . Furthermore, for relatively cheap we can go down to a Ford dealership and buy a chip for that engine and get an extra 50 more horsepower which is more than what we saw that Bronco R has that got easily overtaken by the Boot.

As for the future of the Bronco in the Baja 1000, I do not know. But if Ford is serious about racing in that I'm sure we will see the Warthog R . That will be packing a whole lot more power , especially if they put a V8 in it.
Sponsored