First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my D6 sliders in on Friday and installed them over the weekend. The installation was pretty frustrating due to the instructions being mislabeled in places, plus the bolt holes for the middle brackets didn't all line up. Also trying to catch the bolts through the bracket into the loose plate in the slider was a nightmare. It's hard to describe, but if you order these you will see what I mean. All in all it was worth the frustration because I love how they look on my basesquatch, and they feel really solid. The D6's are a perfect match visually for the SAS fender flares. Just thought I would share in case anyone is on the fence about ordering these.

IMG_20211219_162102954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211219_162049988.jpg

IMG_20211219_162114687_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great....have mine....just waiting on a Bronco to install these on...

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great....have mine....just waiting on a Bronco to install these on...
So you are only missing one part, the most important part. Hope you get your Bronco soon. I will say it is worth the wait. I liked my Ranger but I absolutely love my Bronco. Planning on doing some off-roading for the first time next week.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, thanks a lot for posting this. I am exactly in that spot of on the fence on ordering these. It's my understanding that these mount to the body, not to the frame. Is that right?

And having been under there and struggling through the install, do you think these would offer any protection if you got hung up on a rock? Or would they just mangle the mounting points on the body?

I guess a related question is how do they feel when you stand on them? Does it seem like you could jump up and down, or do you get the feeling that the body where mounted is flimsy?

They do look awesome!

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The installation was pretty frustrating due to the instructions being mislabeled in places, plus the bolt holes for the middle brackets didn't all line up.
Any chance they are on the wrong sides? Just thinking when I see something in the middle doesn't line up I start wondering if I've flipped them.

Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i do like these still not sure if i want to add them. im sure the wife a kids would like it being easier for them to get in.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my D6 sliders in on Friday and installed them over the weekend. The installation was pretty frustrating due to the instructions being mislabeled in places, plus the bolt holes for the middle brackets didn't all line up. Also trying to catch the bolts through the bracket into the loose plate in the slider was a nightmare. It's hard to describe, but if you order these you will see what I mean. All in all it was worth the frustration because I love how they look on my basesquatch, and they feel really solid. The D6's are a perfect match visually for the SAS fender flares. Just thought I would share in case anyone is on the fence about ordering these.

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 installed on Basesquatch IMG_20211219_162114687_HDR

Looks great, congrats! Do these cover / hide the pinch welds? Thanks.

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any chance they are on the wrong sides? Just thinking when I see something in the middle doesn't line up I start wondering if I've flipped them.
I checked them against the diagrams provided to make sure I had them on the correct sides, but the instructions were mislabeled in a number of spots so who knows. I didn't think to flip them and I was able to make it work, so I should be good.

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great, congrats! Do these cover / hide the pinch welds? Thanks.
They do, but the brackets that get mounted to the truck are visible. Still looks better than seeing the pinch welds.

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
i do like these still not sure if i want to add them. im sure the wife a kids would like it being easier for them to get in.
Yup, my little one really appreciates these because now he can climb in without my help. My wife seems to complain a little less so that's a win also, lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey, thanks a lot for posting this. I am exactly in that spot of on the fence on ordering these. It's my understanding that these mount to the body, not to the frame. Is that right?

And having been under there and struggling through the install, do you think these would offer any protection if you got hung up on a rock? Or would they just mangle the mounting points on the body?

I guess a related question is how do they feel when you stand on them? Does it seem like you could jump up and down, or do you get the feeling that the body where mounted is flimsy?

They do look awesome!
All good questions. These mount to the body, not the frame. I would not trust these if you are going to be doing a lot of rock climbing. I think you are correct that it would just mangle the mounting points on the body.

With that said, they do feel solid when standing on them. Much sturdier than the N-Fab Epyx steps that I had on my Ranger. Those used to flex down quite a bit, these D6 sliders are much more rigid. I still wouldn't trust them as actual rock sliders though.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, my little one really appreciates these because now he can climb in without my help. My wife seems to complain a little less so that's a win also, lol.
Ya I may need to get them 5 year old son seven year old daughter 37 year old 5ft 2inch wife lol

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya I may need to get them 5 year old son seven year old daughter 37 year old 5ft 2inch wife lol
ha ha. I have a 56 y.o. 5-2 wife. I find that after 35, the growth plates are done.

Kidding aside, my wife appears to be struggling to get in non-sas badlands (she says it's not a problem). She says the grab handles are not in the right place for the shorter passenger. I'm about to go up an inch with 35s and a scootch more from a level lift. I feel like a step has to be part of this next upgrade. A taller wife is just not in the budget.

Christina78

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also have these sitting in my garage waiting for my Bronco. Thanks for the pics. I was wondering how far they stuck out. It looks just right.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ha ha. I have a 56 y.o. 5-2 wife. I find that after 35, the growth plates are done.

Kidding aside, my wife appears to be struggling to get in non-sas badlands (she says it's not a problem). She says the grab handles are not in the right place for the shorter passenger. I'm about to go up an inch with 35s and a scootch more from a level lift. I feel like a step has to be part of this next upgrade. A taller wife is just not in the budget.
Yup I mentioned steps and she got all excited might be the first upgrade cuz I want to lift my Sasquatch already. I’m too used to my 250 with a 3 inch lift and 37s
Sponsored