Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch, 2015 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*** I stand corrected, D6 install, not DSS 😊

I have Ace Engineering sliders on my JK and love how they've held up over the years. I asked Ace if they were coming out with a Bronco version but they are still in R&D phase.:confused:

While trying to find a reasonable option for rocker protection and even a slight step to assist with entry (wife, g-kids), I found the Go Rhino site (https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6). I ordered the 6 version. The steps attach the same way the rocker guards did on my Bronco (pinchpoint/body mounted). The instructions state about 1 hour to install.....I got the rocker guards removed and brackets installed in that time! The installation of the sliders is a bit more challenging to do single-handed; I stopped where I was until I had my son assist the next day.

I was a little concerned with potential damage to the product due to the exterior box being ripped when it was delivered. Once I pulled the sliders out, I noted they are protected/wrapped quite well, no damage was noted on the actual sliders

2 takeaways:
1. READ the instructions and don't jump ahead. It's not rocket science but you might need to go back/loosen bolts up if you jump too far ahead.
2. run the bolts through the bracket threads PRIOR to trying to install. A few threads were tight and needed a quick run-through with the bolt. It doesn't help to find a tight thread when trying to get the bolt started when underneath the vehicle, trying to hold the slider up and the bracket upright, with just one hand. ;)

It'll take time to do a true evaluation but so far, I'm pleased. The step has helped with ingress/egress, I've found it easier to use the dash grab handles now due to the alignment of entry (used to A pillar handles). For <$550, it's a feasible starting point; I can assess later if I'm willing to jump to the $2k range or what is more available in the market then.

I've seen a lot of concern/griping about mounting to the pinch-point and body vs the frame. I saw one review (of multiple sliders/rocker guards on the market) explain that most companies are staying away from frame mount as Ford has filled the frames with a filler for road dampening noise purposes and running wires throughout. Ford's rocker guards that came on the BD/BL attaches to the same points and they're saying it's strong enough to sustain protection...take it with a grain of salt...

Hopefully this will answer some of the questions out there.

(fwd about 1 min in)

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5400

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5403

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5407

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5412

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5413

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5414

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5416

Ford Bronco Go Rhino D6 sliders / steps install notes & feedback IMG_5417
Sponsored

Last edited:

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great info and thank you. I ordered the zroadz last night as they have ones for the 2 Door.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very informative. Tnx much.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Those look great. I really wanted the rock rails from Ford (I have a BaseSquatch about to be born) but they are $550 from my dealer and not yet available. My wife is 5'3" on a good day, so she'll appreciate the step (so will my kids but they have no say if we keep it long term!).

The D6 you choose running all the way down should significantly improve rock protection from rocks being thrown from the tires. I am swapping out for Falkens or Toyos but those will still throw a few.

Nice find and install.

Has anyone installed the DSS and has photos on their Bronco or if they can report if the step is large enough? I kind of like that look too.

Last edited:

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*** I stand corrected, D6 install, not DSS 😊

I have Ace Engineering sliders on my JK and love how they've held up over the years. I asked Ace if they were coming out with a Bronco version but they are still in R&D phase.:confused:

While trying to find a reasonable option for rocker protection and even a slight step to assist with entry (wife, g-kids), I found the Go Rhino site (https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6). I ordered the 6 version. The steps attach the same way the rocker guards did on my Bronco (pinchpoint/body mounted). The instructions state about 1 hour to install.....I got the rocker guards removed and brackets installed in that time! The installation of the sliders is a bit more challenging to do single-handed; I stopped where I was until I had my son assist the next day.

I was a little concerned with potential damage to the product due to the exterior box being ripped when it was delivered. Once I pulled the sliders out, I noted they are protected/wrapped quite well, no damage was noted on the actual sliders

2 takeaways:
1. READ the instructions and don't jump ahead. It's not rocket science but you might need to go back/loosen bolts up if you jump too far ahead.
2. run the bolts through the bracket threads PRIOR to trying to install. A few threads were tight and needed a quick run-through with the bolt. It doesn't help to find a tight thread when trying to get the bolt started when underneath the vehicle, trying to hold the slider up and the bracket upright, with just one hand. ;)

It'll take time to do a true evaluation but so far, I'm pleased. The step has helped with ingress/egress, I've found it easier to use the dash grab handles now due to the alignment of entry (used to A pillar handles). For <$550, it's a feasible starting point; I can assess later if I'm willing to jump to the $2k range or what is more available in the market then.

I've seen a lot of concern/griping about mounting to the pinch-point and body vs the frame. I saw one review (of multiple sliders/rocker guards on the market) explain that most companies are staying away from frame mount as Ford has filled the frames with a filler for road dampening noise purposes and running wires throughout. Ford's rocker guards that came on the BD/BL attaches to the same points and they're saying it's strong enough to sustain protection...take it with a grain of salt...

Hopefully this will answer some of the questions out there.

(fwd about 1 min in)

Just had a question on this install....I just got my DSS sliders for my black diamond....I removed the factory rock rails already, but to install the DSS do I also have to remove the bigger factory bracket that is on each side of the bronco (the one bracket on each side that stays on the body) to install the DSS ones, or does that bracket stay on?

Sponsored
OP
OP

HallnAz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch, 2015 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if it attaches to the pinch weld, I removed it. My wife has the Bronco right now so I can't get pics of the underside. I did check my "left over parts", I found 4 brackets I removed in addition to the rails, 2/side. Hopefully the pics will answer your question.

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome. I think these are the ones. Now, go get it dirty, and post pics of the spray pattern on the Bronco. I’m hoping to not need flaps.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys. I just took delivery of my four door Big Bend and purchased some used OEM rock sliders. What I didn't realize until later was, I didn't get the four mounting brackets from the guy. I reached out to him, but he's using them for some aftermarket sliders.
I'm interested if either of you are getting rid of yours? let me know?
Thanks
Sponsored