Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it normal for the from of my running boards to flex when I step on them? I’m worried it will eventually bend. I’m 190lbs.
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't own them but I'd say not normal in general, but these particular steps may have some flex that happens because of a subpar design. Just a guess. Double check they are installed correctly and torqued.

I've not heard many outright complaints about gorhino but I also don't hear about how strong and tough their stuff is either.

The only side steps I ever owned had virtually zero flex.

lsirois

First Edition
First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had those running boards and removed them. They were delivered damaged/scratched and I was experiencing the same issue reported in another post on this site about the poor fitment of the brackets. GoRhino has acknowledged that the steps were delivered damaged and brackets defective. They have agreed to take them back, but I am still waiting for pick-up to be arranged and they (GoRhino and Stage3Motorsports) have since gone silent on me. During the short time that I did have the RB20s installed, they were barely holding on because of the brackets and yes, the running boards do flex when stepping onto them. I think this is a case of "you get what you pay for". They are thin, sheet metal, bent into a running board, but they were less than $500. I ordered the Zroadz instead. They were more than double the price, but they are at an entire different level of quality. The fitment was spot on and they are very well built. The Zroadz also hide the seam/weld on the lower portion of the Bronco very well. I am much happier with the Zroadz..
Sponsored