Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been lurking on this forum for a long time, and I want to thank everyone for the ideas everyone has given me to personalize my new Bronco.

I took delivery on April 26th. I want to give a huge shout out to Crossroads Ford of Apex, NC. They honored MSRP and got mine delivered to me in less than a year. I ordered in July of 2021. My truck is a 2.7L, Badlands Sasquatch in Area 51. I have read some of the negative experiences others have had. I feel for all of you and hope you get yours soon, because this truck is awesome.

Right after I got it I reluctantly gave it up for a week and a half to get Paint Protection Film on it. It sucked having to wait, but I didn't want to get a rock chip before it was installed. If you are nearby check out Norm at Capital Paint Protection Film in Apex. He does great work.

Some of my other touches so far are powder coating the beauty rings, having a vinyl installer do a custom piece on the hood, and adding a bull bar. I do have some N-Fab Roan steps that I will install this weekend. Lights will be next. I want a winch, but am waiting for a hidden winch that fits the 2.7L.

All I have to say is this is fun to drive. I haven't really taken it off road yet. I did drive one at the off rodeo in Texas though. The engine is quick with the Turbo. I am coming from a V8 F150 and this is much faster.

Well thats all for now. I am super pumped and hope those who haven't get their vehicles soon!
20220511_194905.jpg
20220511_194822.jpg
20220511_194803.jpg
20220511_194749.jpg
Hey! Did you get your roan side steps installed? Hoping so and maybe you have some pics from the side and how far they stick out etc?

Love the truck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NCBronc

NCBronc

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! Did you get your roan side steps installed? Hoping so and maybe you have some pics from the side and how far they stick out etc?

Love the truck!
I did get them and they look great. Id say they come out about 4 to 5 inches max. They are about where the fender flares are and not as far out as my tires. I likes the idea of having these for 2 reasons. They help with people like wife and children climbing in and out and they block rocks somewhat from messing with your paint. The mud tires really kick up rocks when and after you drive on dirt or gravel. I am hoping between PPF and these I will be covered from any major dings for awhile. Also the N-Fab Roans are steel not aluminum, so I think they will be a little sturdier rock sliders.

I also added Rough Country LED fog lights with amber DRLs. These were only $300 compared to about $1000 for other lights, and I like them so far. I wired the Amber DRLs to one of the switches and the LED white to another. Honestly I run the amber DRLs most of the time. The white lights get pretty bright, so I am reserving them for trail use.

My next small project is replacing the chrome bronco badge on the tailgate with a black one like the Wildtrack has. Especially now that I powder coated my beauty rings it really bothers me being the only chrome piece on the vehicle. Just a vanity thing but hey it's a cheap switch.

20220716_193039.jpg

20220716_193043.jpg

20220716_193054.jpg

20220716_193149.jpg

20220716_193216.jpg

20220716_193349.jpg

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did get them and they look great. Id say they come out about 4 to 5 inches max. They are about where the fender flares are and not as far out as my tires. I likes the idea of having these for 2 reasons. They help with people like wife and children climbing in and out and they block rocks somewhat from messing with your paint. The mud tires really kick up rocks when and after you drive on dirt or gravel. I am hoping between PPF and these I will be covered from any major dings for awhile. Also the N-Fab Roans are steel not aluminum, so I think they will be a little sturdier rock sliders.

I also added Rough Country LED fog lights with amber DRLs. These were only $300 compared to about $1000 for other lights, and I like them so far. I wired the Amber DRLs to one of the switches and the LED white to another. Honestly I run the amber DRLs most of the time. The white lights get pretty bright, so I am reserving them for trail use.

My next small project is replacing the chrome bronco badge on the tailgate with a black one like the Wildtrack has. Especially now that I powder coated my beauty rings it really bothers me being the only chrome piece on the vehicle. Just a vanity thing but hey it's a cheap switch.

Ford Bronco Got my baby 20220716_193349

This do look great. Thanka for taking the time to post pics. Love the look you've got going and hope you enjoy it.

I have a badlands cyber orange and it's full ppf with just the normal rock rails. While the rock rails are useless in the urban zoo they work offroad til I find my replacement. That said... The ppf has held up VERY well to rocks off road even at baja sideways speeds.

Happy venturing!

OP
OP
NCBronc

NCBronc

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This do look great. Thanka for taking the time to post pics. Love the look you've got going and hope you enjoy it.

I have a badlands cyber orange and it's full ppf with just the normal rock rails. While the rock rails are useless in the urban zoo they work offroad til I find my replacement. That said... The ppf has held up VERY well to rocks off road even at baja sideways speeds.

Happy venturing!
Thank you. You as well. I did hold on to my OEM rails so far. The feedback I have gotten is they work great.
Sponsored