Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
The Bronco has been my dream car since the day it was announced, but I just haven’t had the patience to wait for it through the reservation/ ordering process.

I originally had an early reservation, but ended up cancelling it a month later and bought a Hyundai Palisade instead. I almost placed an order for a Bronco last month, but decided against it when the dealer said it would be at least a 8-10 month wait or longer.

Instead of ordering one, I’ve had my eye out for an available Bronco from a cancelled order. There we’re a few “must haves” that I wasn’t going to settle on: Race Red, 4 Door, Automatic, Lux Package, Leather or Vinyl Seats.

On Monday I found one 90 minutes away from me that checked all the boxes, and I couldn’t get to the dealership fast enough to buy it.

2022 Badlands 4 door
Race Red
Automatic
Lux Package
2.3 L
Soft Top with Prep Kit
Leather Trim/ Vinyl Black Seats

I paid $5k over MSRP, which I was completely fine with, especially as some other dealers around me are charging $20k over. And honestly, why should I get to pay the same price as everyone that has to wait a year or two to get theirs? I think $5k is a fair price to skip the wait.

I’ve only had my Bronco for a couple days now, and I couldn’t be happier. Last week I almost settled and bought a different one (Rapid Red instead of Race Red and High Package instead of Lux). I’m so glad I held out and found the exact one I wanted, I absolutely love it!

C373E332-6579-49CB-850E-4423E0A20C49.jpeg
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That color does look really nice. Congratulations. How do you like the Adaptive Cruise Control? I keep forgetting to try it out during test drives.

OP
OP

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
That color does look really nice. Congratulations. How do you like the Adaptive Cruise Control? I keep forgetting to try it out during test drives.
The Adaptive Cruise Control works well, but is a step down from my Palisade. With Adaptive Cruise Control on the Palisade, the car basically drives itself. It would keep the car in the middle of the lane, and even turn on its own when going around turns. After a few minutes the car would give me a warning “Put your hands back on the steering wheel”.

On the Bronco, it’ll warn you and pull you back in if you drift out of your lane, but it doesn’t keep the car in the center of the lane for you.

But other than comparing it to what I was used to with the Palisade, the ACC works great. The slowing down/speeding up in highway traffic works very well.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco has been my dream car since the day it was announced, but I just haven’t had the patience to wait for it through the reservation/ ordering process.

I originally had an early reservation, but ended up cancelling it a month later and bought a Hyundai Palisade instead. I almost placed an order for a Bronco last month, but decided against it when the dealer said it would be at least a 8-10 month wait or longer.

Instead of ordering one, I’ve had my eye out for an available Bronco from a cancelled order. There we’re a few “must haves” that I wasn’t going to settle on: Race Red, 4 Door, Automatic, Lux Package, Leather or Vinyl Seats.

On Monday I found one 90 minutes away from me that checked all the boxes, and I couldn’t get to the dealership fast enough to buy it.

2022 Badlands 4 door
Race Red
Automatic
Lux Package
2.3 L
Soft Top with Prep Kit

I paid $5k over MSRP, which I was completely fine with, especially as some other dealers around me are charging $20k over. And honestly, why should I get to pay the same price as everyone that has to wait a year or two to get theirs? I think $5k is a fair price to skip the wait.

I’ve only had my Bronco for a couple days now, and I couldn’t be happier. Last week I almost settled and bought a different one (Rapid Red instead of Race Red and High Package instead of Lux). I’m so glad I held out and found the exact one I wanted, I absolutely love it!

Ford Bronco Got my Bronco! C373E332-6579-49CB-850E-4423E0A20C49
Congrats, can't wait to get my Race Red WT.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

2022 Badlands 4 door
Race Red
Automatic
Lux Package
2.3 L
Soft Top with Prep Kit

Ford Bronco Got my Bronco! C373E332-6579-49CB-850E-4423E0A20C49
Hi Tony. Congratulations on your Bronco purchase! Your '22 Badlands looks amazing. We're even jealous of how sharp it is. ;)

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Conga-Rats

Ford Bronco Got my Bronco! SingleFluidHawaiianmonkseal-max-1mb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious how you negotiated the ADM. Was it originally at 5k?

OP
OP

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Curious how you negotiated the ADM. Was it originally at 5k?
No negotiations. I emailed them on Sunday asking what the price was, and a sales person responded Monday morning with the price. Very smooth process.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No negotiations. I emailed them on Sunday asking what the price was, and a sales person responded Monday morning with the price. Very smooth process.
Thanks. I have been looking around as well and I am seeing many 10-25k mark ups. I feel 5k is reasonable as well - but not seeing many dealers that agree. Good for you!

Sponsored

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Adaptive Cruise Control works well, but is a step down from my Palisade. With Adaptive Cruise Control on the Palisade, the car basically drives itself. It would keep the car in the middle of the lane, and even turn on its own when going around turns. After a few minutes the car would give me a warning “Put your hands back on the steering wheel”.

On the Bronco, it’ll warn you and pull you back in if you drift out of your lane, but it doesn’t keep the car in the center of the lane for you.

But other than comparing it to what I was used to with the Palisade, the ACC works great. The slowing down/speeding up in highway traffic works very well.
You most likely only have the Lane Keep functionality set for alert. If you turn on the Aid feature, it does have the ability to steer you back into your lane. Definitely is not auto-drive mode or anything, but it's there.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if anyone was wondering why Race Red was one of my “must haves”, my last car before my Palisade was a Race Red Mustang convertible. I loved that car, but I just needed something bigger. Being so low to the ground was killing my back.

I loved the Palisade too, but this Bronco is really my dream car. It’s almost feels like my last two cars had a baby, as the Bronco is like a combination of what I loved about both cars. :)

9A04C15E-6542-4FB4-BFD7-98BD708F4DAC.jpeg

OP
OP

Race Red Badlands

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You most likely only have the Lane Keep functionality set for alert. If you turn on the Aid feature, it does have the ability to steer you back into your lane. Definitely is not auto-drive mode or anything, but it's there.
Yeah, it does steer me back into the lane, I just didn’t describe it well. The Palisade was more auto-drive, actually pretty similar to a Tesla.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right on - congrats!! I agree - I think $5k is a reasonable ADM to pay for something you really like, in order to "skip the line" - seems fair from both sides! Looks amazing too - you got a great build!
Sponsored