Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mural Highlights Career of Albert Schmitz

GRANGER, IOWA — July 21, 2021 –– Granger Motors introduces a new mural, One More Ride (B345T), by local artist Ben Schuh. The mural was developed to highlight the 25-year career of Albert Schmitz and his passion for the latest Ford to hit the market. Albert died Friday, July 2, 2021 at University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City.

The mural has been installed on the side of the Granger Ford Building and transforms a blank wall to one filled with color, sure to uplift people passing by as well as those visiting the dealership. It is a building-wide mural bursting with vibrancy that reflects Albert’s career and energy at Granger Motors.

Schuh was commissioned to paint the outdoor mural on the exterior wall of the Granger Ford building at 1704 Sycamore St, Granger, IA along HWY 141. The mural faces northwest and features multiple elements including an abstract sky, a high contrast landscape, and the latest Ford Bronco Albert promoted extensively. The mural is sure to brighten many days and stands as a reminder of Albert’s career of service at Granger Motors.

Schuh started the mural on July 8th and completed it July 13th. The design includes Albert’s signature “B345T” license plate number as well as his name on the Granger Coral.

Commemorative prints will be made available by Granger Motors. The public is invited to come see the mural and share their memories of Albert.

If you would like a 18"x18" aluminum commemorative print, we will be selling them at $250.
We are also going to be taking a photo of you with your Bronco in front of the mural. If you would like this printed as well, we will be doing a 20"x30" at $375.

Let us know what you guys think of the mural and print idea!

Ford Bronco Granger Bronco Mural IMG_3980

Ford Bronco Granger Bronco Mural IMG_3978

Ford Bronco Granger Bronco Mural owwB4943AOkt3PyKNKT1gGtmib0rjYaKvgW3qXnyA0MbfSrQex
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know metal prints are not cheap, is any of the money going to a charity?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this time, we do not have a charity picked out for a donation.
Maybe a charity that assists veterans of war? I know there's a few on here

uturn

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider124
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been away for a few months and just read this very sad news about the loss of Albert. I think the mural is outstanding. I like the colors, and the tribute to Albert. I myself am not picking up my Bronco at Granger because I am on the East Coast, but I enjoyed many a delightful chit-chat with Albert, and both he and Granger have made fair deals on the new Bronco a reasonable expectation for all forum customers, which has turned out, in this current economic environment, to be a somewhat monumental feat. Thank you to Granger and Albert for leading the way with the Bronco purchase plans. There are some really crazy things going on out there with your average Ford dealer.

Anyway, I was so looking forward to meeting Albert at a future annual "pilgrimage" to Granger's "Cow Rodeo," which Albert and I had discussed with some perhaps seriousness, and I am so saddened to hear that you have lost such as special person in your lives at Granger. My sincerest condolences. Jennifer
Sponsored