Sponsored

Guys, do you know what the difference is between these?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
DVD? Are people actually watching movies on their infotainment system?
The other poster is telling me updates are done by SD card or DVD when Ford vehicles no longer have either of those. My 19 Edge ST has a CD player. I've owned the car a year and a half and never used it. Some claim the 20 Edge still has one, but the trim covers it so it can't be used.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 14 F-150 Tremor was the last vehicle I owned with a physical SD card plugged into it. I've since owned a 16 Expedition, 17 Explorer, 18 Raptor and 19 Edge ST. Sometimes, you can receive the updates by air. Often it's easier to just download to my computer and plug the flash drive into the USB port in the car it downloads fairly fast. On the new Sync 4, all updates are supposed to happen via air. Any vehicle today still using an SD card is stuck in some past time zone and few still have a DVD.
Never owned a Ford yet. But who pays for all the cell data used in those updates? Not all of us have unlimited plans, or want to pay the steep subscription costs or give up the data security those plans open you up to. If this is the case I can well do without it, I hate being forced into connecting my car to the net, opening it up to all kinds of security issues. This is why I use a stand along GPS in my other vehicles.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't they stop using SD cards when they did away with MFT? Since Sync 3, downloads are either over the air or by flash drive from your computer.
Maybe Ford did, but our 2017 Toyota has a microSD card slot for updates. I mean, how hard is it to push in a SD card and turn the thing on??? the rest is autoboot and install.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want an option to just add the 12 inch screen and the upgraded audio with the sub. I dont need any of the other things and I hate built in navigation. Waze is much better off my phone through Android auto.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe Ford did, but our 2017 Toyota has a microSD card slot for updates. I mean, how hard is it to push in a SD card and turn the thing on??? the rest is autoboot and install.
Pretty hard to use an SD card when the vehicle isn't so equipped. Toyota still thinks it's 2010. Not too long ago, they were touting their backup camera when the rest of the industry has had them for about 15 years.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hmm this is on the Big Bend after adding the Mid Package. I thought 12" wasn't available for BB?
Then that sounds like a graphics/website issue rather than true available functionality of your truck.
Sponsored