Sponsored

What do we know about the default stereo?

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate those of you have have managed to give nice answers. I know that a bunch of you love to do everything with your phone, but I'm not one of them.

Anyway, I have the answer I was looking for.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....so hopefully they fixed the stereo issues too.
I wouldnt say there's a stereo issue to begin with. The way you listen to music is just way different than 99.99% of people on the road. All of the Spotify advise given will do exactly what you're asking. You can make playlists on Spotify for all of your different genres (erasing each individual usb). Organization on point.. But I hope you're able to do it your way though.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on your data plan you don't need any storage. I stream while driving most of the time. If I'm going on a road trip I'll download a fair bit from Spotify. It's not that hard to put 78gb on a modern phone. I certainly don't need that much to get through a day anyway.

I also don't feel I need immediate access to every record in my collection.

I still can't comprehend how bringing a CD collection along is easier than having music stored in your phone or on a USB or something.
I don’t know lol, I have over 150GB on my PC and I never use any of that music anymore. I have unlimited data so that’s never a worry. I have 98 hour playlists for country, rock etc. and I can easily download that if I truly needed to. I’ve never been without music with my Spotify and it’s never even been a worry. Just last night I spent the night at 10K feet in a cabin, guess what I did? I played the downloaded music from my Spotify all night.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Assuming the stock speakers are decent/loud enough, my eventual plan was to install an amp and one or two 10” marine-grade subwoofers in water resistant boxes below the second row seating myself (it looks like there will be enough room for that below the seats). I’m sure the lux package sound system would sound great, but it isn’t something I’m willing to pay almost $6k more for as I’d have to move my Squatched mid BD up to a wildtrack with lux.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking of just adding the jbl speaker to the stock system and give that thar spotty thing a try(old fart here)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking of just adding the jbl speaker to the stock system and give that thar spotty thing a try(old fart here)
You don't need the sound bar for that. It's also not an "add on" for the stock system. It's just a fancy-dancy [edit: it's not even really that fancy] Bluetooth speaker that is independant from the vehicle stereo and head unit.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyway, I have the answer I was looking for.
I will offer one more anyway. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and I put in a
512GB micro SD card. Gives me a ton of room for music, even as FLAC files.
And Pulsar Music player to play and organize.(y)

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Okay, thanks for the replies.

I'll just get a box of USB Flash Drives and stick all of my music on those. My phone isn't big enough to hold everything I would want to be able to play and I don't really want to deal with trying to put music on a phone and organize it how I want anyway.

As for the CD and MP3 CD being obsolete, I still have a bunch of those that I use in my current cars. It takes more work to organized it all on a different medium. I would probably have more on USB flash drives if the stereo in the Escape weren't so screwed up when it gets a big list of music.
i know it will be a while until i am sitting in my very own Bronco. But i truly anticipate having to buy a new phone, just so i can take advantage of everything the Head unit has to offer. What's 8 to 12 hundred bucks more when you just spent 50 grand on a brand new vehicle. lol

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's 8 to 12 hundred bucks more when you just spent 50 grand on a brand new vehicle. lol
I see some people in here throwing around the word audiophile. I can tell you from experience that $1200 doesn’t even get you started in that world. 😃

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was one of the last to convert to CD's, finally giving up on my cassettes and vinyl. Now CD's are obsolete (although vinyl is making an unexplainable, to me, resurgence). I have a flip phone and like it fine. My kids use various platforms, but I'm not that impressed. My daughter uses a cloud based system, but is worthless (the cloud, not my daughter) in a lot of the areas I wheel. I think I'm going to try a Bluetooth compatible MP3, hoping it isn't to big a pain to transfer my CD's.

Amazon:

Amazon.com: 32GB Mp3 Player with Bluetooth 5.0 - Portable Digital Lossless Music Player for Walking Running,Super Light Metal Shell Touch Buttons with TF Card Expansion: Home Audio & Theater

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hoping it isn't to big a pain to transfer my CD's.
There is a free program called CDex that will convert normal music CDs to MP3 files. Once you get it dialed in it does an excellent job converting files.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it has already been established..... standard audio is an “8” track player. You need to upgrade to High to get the “12” LP player!
How about some Meatloaf?
Ford Bronco What do we know about the default stereo? 1613879785923

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond