Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey-
I am wanting to upgrade the "system" in my Bronco, but not sure what to do. I do not have really any experience in this, but just want something simple. What I mean to say is I don't want to blow the doors off or anything. Something like a factory deluxe system would have I guess. I have the Black Diamond and really just wanting to add a subwoofer...is that possible?
Thanks
Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To gauge any improvement to your system. First I would start with adding sound deadening behind the existing speakers. The front kick panels are just a hollow box

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
To gauge any improvement to your system. First I would start with adding sound deadening behind the existing speakers. The front kick panels are just a hollow box
Donā€™t do this.

Spend maybe 600 dollars - buy pods to fit 6.5s in the rear and add a subwoofer if you got the delete and it should change the whole sound to ā€œniceā€

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What year Bronco do you have? Many 23's have the subwoofer delete which already includes the subwoofer housing. For a 21-22 you'll have to build/buy something.
EDIT: saw your other thread where you said you have a 2023 Outer Banks. If you have the sub-delete, you can replace the non-working amp and subwoofer it came with for about $200.... Buy an amp (from a Ford Fusion) for $75, and a new sub woofer for $100. Easy install, the wiring is already there.

What's your budget?

Simply replacing the 4" speakers in the dash and rear pods makes a big difference. You can get 2 pair of Infinity speakers for about $120.
Or replace the rear pods ($120) and install larger 6.5" speakers (another $100).
An amp to power all the speakers is another step up, about $280 for a Kicker 200.4.

There's a huge thread on the subject here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-mandatory-and-functional-amps-removed.61106/

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hydro76K

Hydro76K

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the '23 Black Diamond...what is the subwoofer delete? If that is the space in the rear cargo area where it looks like a speaker..yes I do

YinzerSteve

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey-
I am wanting to upgrade the "system" in my Bronco, but not sure what to do. I do not have really any experience in this, but just want something simple. What I mean to say is I don't want to blow the doors off or anything. Something like a factory deluxe system would have I guess. I have the Black Diamond and really just wanting to add a subwoofer...is that possible?
Thanks
Turn your bass up 2 and your mid and treble down by 2. If you need it any louder than 12 going 80mph then you have an issue. Black Sabbath drowns out any wind noise

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Turn your bass up 2 and your mid and treble down by 2. If you need it any louder than 12 going 80mph then you have an issue. Black Sabbath drowns out any wind noise

What?! I am at absolute max with the factory system with the roof off and 80+ mph you can't make out much of anything. Idk why black sabbath matters, but from Lorna Shore to Queen, it doesn't matter. That factory stereo sucks.

couple hundred bucks and you'll make it worlds different.

I'm about to go pick up my truck from the car audio shop now, but I'm 6k in on a really nice system. I'll let everyone know if it was worth it when I'm back this evening. :cool:

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I replaced all 6 speakers (dash, kick panels and rear pods) w/ Kicker KS series. I also add in a Kicker 8in sub 4ohm the the factory dead space, sub control knob and an MB Quart NA2-400.1 amp. No ForeScan was needed and is 100x better vs the factory 6speaker system for the 23 model yr.

Sponsored

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, I agree with other posters on replacing stock speakers (trash). Lots of options. Crutchfield.com has a great site.. plug in your car details and they recommend speakers that fit.

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I replaced all 6 speakers (dash, kick panels and rear pods) w/ Kicker KS series. I also add in a Kicker 8in sub 4ohm the the factory dead space, sub control knob and an MB Quart NA2-400.1 amp. No ForeScan was needed and is 100x better vs the factory 6speaker system for the 23 model yr.
I think you need to make a Forscan change to activate that sub. The stock position does not do it.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you need to make a Forscan change to activate that sub. The stock position does not do it.
No ForeScan needed for this setup to have the sub active. I just completed this myself about a month ago. Took about 3-4hrs as I added some Kilmat behind the interior trim and along the inner quarter panel.

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No ForeScan needed for this setup to have the sub active. I just completed this myself about a month ago. Took about 3-4hrs as I added some Kilmat behind the interior trim and along the inner quarter panel.
I have done it as well. By default the ACM is set to send a reduced range to the back pods, which only have 4ā€ speakers standard. A Forscan change is required to set the ACM to send full signal to the rears, with a crossover point for sub range frequencies. Unless you also installed a kicker 200 amp (or similar) to bypass the ACM, you are probably not getting full power of your system. @RagnarKon is the expert, here. Taged so he can help. I am certainly no expert. šŸ˜

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had the truck about an hour now and I'll say I went above that reasonable threshold and I wouldn't do it again. I spent too much on a space that simply isn't meant to be a good sound stage.

I'd actively discourage anyone from doing what I did and save some money with some mid-range components and you'll get 99% of what I have for far too much money.

It's also worth noting even a great 8 inch sub in that factory location simply can't hit like a rear/front of down firing sub could do of the same size. JL makes a great 8 inch and it's just lacking that punch you'd hope for, even with a ton of amp shoved to it.
Sponsored