First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm guessing you had the base audio system? I've never tuned at 2/3 volume. A friend of mine would do something similar but it always seems like the system ran out of headroom. He would typically have the gains maybe 5% lower than I liked. So I would add a little gain at a time at lower volume to get it where I wanted.

Him and I go way back to programming Sony Mobile ES XDP-210 and 4000x dsp units. I still have one of each of those units and a few Mobile ES cd head units from back then. (late 90s). Unfortunately they are not installed in anything now.

I want to be able to turn it up when needed like windows down / roof off or just because. But I also want everything present between say 10-15.
Yes, base system. You may be right and there is still more amp room. Sound is great at all volumes. One item I’m still tuning is the Audio Control accubass. Seems I loose it at high volume but that’s an amp setting issue
Sponsored

silentd74

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX, 20 Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, base system. You may be right and there is still more amp room. Sound is great at all volumes. One item I’m still tuning is the Audio Control accubass. Seems I loose it at high volume but that’s an amp setting issue
I have a AudioControl LC2i Pro in my Edge. It took some time to get the AccuBass set right but it was worth it. That's feeding a JBL mono amp. I wish I had more crossover control for those subs but it's 2 12s in a slot ported box. I'm using AudioControls bass level knob on the LC2i Pro for my remote level. Once I dialed in the AC gain and their AccuBass, I was happy with it.

OP
OP
Peter_benton

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was thinking JL was good enough for speakers but checking these others out

ranked in order of quality/price?

thank you

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me adding a sub made the most change to the better in sound quality. I’ve got a kicker hideaway HS10 sub.
Where did you install it? Under the seat? In the cargo area by the door or did you removed the sub delete and put it there?

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where did you install it? Under the seat? In the cargo area by the door or did you removed the sub delete and put it there?
I just screwed it into cargo area on the driver side and don’t get the 8” the 10” is way better. Only pic I have on my phone I could find of it.
Ford Bronco Recommendations for stereo upgrade IMG_1873

Sponsored

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just screwed it into cargo area on the driver side and don’t get the 8” the 10” is way better. Only pic I have on my phone I could find of it.
Ford Bronco Recommendations for stereo upgrade IMG_1873
I got the 10" and the '23 sub delete so we're taking that right side rear panel off and removing the sub delete and installing the HS10 where the sub would have been.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
If people care, my system is basically done for purchasing and now we're dealing with install.

Focal slatefiber components up front, Focal slatefiber 6.5 in mabett pods in the rear that I'm lining like my life depends on it, jl audio w3 for now, but measurements are TIGHT so if I can't find a suitable box I'm flipping to an L7T and will be either going under the rear seat or in the 23 stock sub location. Audiocontrol 5 channel. I am down to about 5k said and done.

I rolled back a bit because the difference in audio quality with the roof off, which is how I drive a LOT, gets lost in the mix. Install will be mid Sept. so we'll see how it sounds. I'm exceptionally excited.

I met someone who went 20k approx in their bronco and it was gorgeous sounding but overkill for me. Reminded me that at some point it becomes a game of inches and I don't care to win that much.

Anyone else doing a higher-end setup?

Tfly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got the 10" and the '23 sub delete so we're taking that right side rear panel off and removing the sub delete and installing the HS10 where the sub would have been.
I've considered doing the same and would like to see the finished product.
Sponsored