First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So was just bouncing around the forum and saw a couple of threads regarding upgrading the stereo in a Bronco and thought to share my stereo build. I have a 2022-2 door BB that came with the base stereo. I can confirm what other posters say in that it was not good. Incidentally, from what I gather, neither is the upgraded version...... so why spend the money on it when ordering your car? With that in mind, I upgraded. Note....I have been yanking factory stereos out of all my cars for years. Major Parts list:

4.5 inch Focals coax in the dash
4.5 coax Kickers in the rear pods (no need to spend a ton since they are just for fill. Would not recommend putting larger aftermarket pods in as you will either have to turn them way down or move your soundstage to behind your head)
6.5 Hertz coax in the kick panel
10 inch kenwood excelon in sealed box
Alpine 4 channel class class D for mids and highs
JL monoblock Class D for bass
Audio control LC4 to run everything

Front channel of Alpine is running the dash and kick panel speakers. Rear channel is running the rear pods. With everything properly gained and crossed over, sound stage is where it needs to be. Not overly bright in the front. Both amps are hidden and fit on a small plate we made that fits into the little cubby storage compartment that is in the center of the floor of the trunk. Note that the bass is not going to vibrate the windows of the car next to you but will be more than sufficient for most. For me, going with a 12 inch solo-baric in a box would have required a larger amp that would not have fit in my current mounting location and, also, a box that would have eaten up too much of the trunk.

I hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade!
Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should sound good with those components! I applaud anyone that can do their own install and doesn't just go with Kicker Keys.

OP
OP

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol. Just takes a little time and patience and the results make it worth the effort.

OP
OP

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow. Looks good. How much power are you running to your sub? Are you happy with it?

Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. Looks good. How much power are you running to your sub? Are you happy with it?
500W @ 2 ohms. Very happy, I think the down firing box plus the amount of power really helps in an open top Bronco.

OP
OP

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thx. May have to upgrade the woofer in mine.
Sponsored