John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read that you and a lot of people go with the 300htz bass blocker on the 4" but you mentioned taking yours off because of how bright they are, would putting a 150htz bass blocker be better (does anyone have input) or does it not work that way? Did you need to put any on your 6.5's?
Could be. Def don’t need them with the 6.5s
Sponsored

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you provide guidance on which Forscan changes where made?
@Dubsesd can help. Believe it was changes to two lines of code...took him less than 3 mins and he also eliminated auto stop/start

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swapped my rear pods with the SSV Works and Kicker KSC650 speakers and it made a huge difference without Forscan (4 door but same result with 2 Door). What do you really gain with the Forscan change If you don’t have an amp or sub? It’s already so much better than stock I’m not sure if it’s worth doing the change until I add an amp and sub.

Ford Bronco My 2023 2 Door Stereo Upgrade (Base Radio starting point) IMG_2861

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swapped my rear pods with the SSV Works and Kicker KSC650 speakers and it made a huge difference without Forscan (4 door but same result with 2 Door). What do you really gain with the Forscan change If you don’t have an amp or sub? It’s already so much better than stock I’m not sure if it’s worth doing the change until I add an amp and sub.

Ford Bronco My 2023 2 Door Stereo Upgrade (Base Radio starting point) IMG_2861
Without forscan you are getting a limited bandwidth signal. The stock 4 inch can’t handle full range. I would highly encourage you to at least try out the changes in forscan. It was beyond night and day for me.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@kojack19 what wiring was done with this install? Just the bass blockers in the dash speakers? I’m looking at doing a similar upgrade. Although now see all the posts about removing the bass blockers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@kojack19 what wiring was done with this install? Just the bass blockers in the dash speakers? I’m looking at doing a similar upgrade. Although now see all the posts about removing the bass blockers.
Yes used stock wiring for kicks, SSV supplied wiring and just added the bass blockers to the front as the factory speakers have built in blockers. As discussed earlier, it is bright-I have just compensated with turning the treble way down.

milamookie

Wildtrak
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So just to confirm, you have yet to add an aftermarket amp? Your running the factory amp upfront? I'm not quite ready to add an amp but am willing to add the SSV pods. I did the kicker 4" upgrade to my dash speakers and rear pods along with the fusion amp with 6.5" kicker sub. Light years better than stock but I'm looking for a little more without having to add a kicker key 200.3 amp. Wondering if the SSV pods with 6.5" upgrade will give me that more I want.

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just to confirm, you have yet to add an aftermarket amp? Your running the factory amp upfront? I'm not quite ready to add an amp but am willing to add the SSV pods. I did the kicker 4" upgrade to my dash speakers and rear pods along with the fusion amp with 6.5" kicker sub. Light years better than stock but I'm looking for a little more without having to add a kicker key 200.3 amp. Wondering if the SSV pods with 6.5" upgrade will give me that more I want.
No amps yet. IMO the 6.5 pods and forscan was the most notable improvement. We did the install in stages and there is no question that the 6.5 pods with forscan made the biggest improvement. If you are not willing to do the forscan, skip the pods andI would just do the dash and leave it alone.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you provide guidance on which Forscan changes where made?
Under the ACM module configuration

Value 727-01-01 the 5th and 6th digit you have to change to 0 that changes the rear pods to speaker only not tweeter like from factory.

The second change was to turn the eq off the rear pods to get full range.

Value 0727-01-02 the 3rd and 4th digit has to be changed to 0.

Keep in mind this was for @kojack19 configuration that only changed the speakers and pods. Depending on your setup it may change some of those values.

-Andrew

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under the ACM module configuration

Value 727-01-01 the 5th and 6th digit you have to change to 0 that changes the rear pods to speaker only not tweeter like from factory.

The second change was to turn the eq off the rear pods to get full range.

Value 0727-01-02 the 3rd and 4th digit has to be changed to 0.

Keep in mind this was for @kojack19 configuration that only changed the speakers and pods. Depending on your setup it may change some of those values.

-Andrew
Thank you. On the first change the 6th digit is already 0. So you only changed the 5th to 0?

On the second change it would start 0700 instead of 0727?

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you. On the first change the 6th digit is already 0. So you only changed the 5th to 0?

On the second change it would start 0700 instead of 0727?
No those are the value numbers you have to change the block value and then write. Be sure to save the as built first. I’m not sure if you ever used forscan before but see the attached photo to better understand. Also look up @RagnarKon on youtube he has very informative videos on this.

IMG_9334.jpeg

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No those are the value numbers you have to change the block value and then write. Be sure to save the as built first. I’m not sure if you ever used forscan before but see the attached photo to better understand. Also look up @RagnarKon on youtube he has very informative videos on this.

Ford Bronco My 2023 2 Door Stereo Upgrade (Base Radio starting point) IMG_9334
Ahh. Yes. Sorry. Been a min since I connected to Forscan. Thank you for the info.

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the same Audisson coaxial's all throughout my Bronco and it made a MASSIVE difference but it is definitely treble heavy compared to stock. I also have an Audisson powered sub in the rear which helps fill out those lower frequencies. I have the crossover dialed up a bit higher than I would usually like to fill the void of 4" speakers all around. Looks like I need a pair of those SSV pods for the rear.

When I need the cargo space, I like the idea of being able to remove the sub and if I could still get decent bass from those larger rears, then this might be the solution. Have a buddy with a laptop and Forscan too so hopefully that bit isn't too difficult.

OP
OP
kojack19

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same Audisson coaxial's all throughout my Bronco and it made a MASSIVE difference but it is definitely treble heavy compared to stock. I also have an Audisson powered sub in the rear which helps fill out those lower frequencies. I have the crossover dialed up a bit higher than I would usually like to fill the void of 4" speakers all around. Looks like I need a pair of those SSV pods for the rear.

When I need the cargo space, I like the idea of being able to remove the sub and if I could still get decent bass from those larger rears, then this might be the solution. Have a buddy with a laptop and Forscan too so hopefully that bit isn't too difficult.
I think the pods really are a game changer. Apparently Metra is going to be releasing some too but I did not want to wait.