Sponsored

What do we know about the default stereo?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would need an audio INPUT jack for that, not OUTPUT.
But further to the point, an audio input jack to a stereo head unit is useful for hooking up many devices - most of them a bit more modern than the record player. Yes, wireless is the new norm, but audio jacks are not obsolete.
i was joking
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My music collection is one of my most prized possessions. More than any vehicle ever will be. Thousands of records, CDs and cassettes.

Not having to haul any of those around is one of the best advancements in modern technology. Between USB sticks and Spotify Premium I'm set with any song I'd ever want to hear, with or without a signal.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You would need an audio INPUT jack for that, not OUTPUT.
But further to the point, an audio input jack to a stereo head unit is useful for hooking up many devices - most of them a bit more modern than the record player. Yes, wireless is the new norm, but audio jacks are not obsolete.
Woosh...

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

...Except that it's annoying that it will occasionally decide that it has too much information and a really rude voice will complain about it every time you start the car...
My 2014 F-150 did that too when you used a USB stick that had too many files on it, it was really annoying.
I've since moved on to keeping all my music on a 128GB microSD card in my phone.
I've been using Android Auto for the past year in my WRX and I'm definitely really looking forward to using the wireless version so I can just leave my phone in my pocket on short trips.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to go places with zero phone signal. That's specifically what I'm getting Bronco to do. So something like CarPlay isn't going to work up in the hills.
Both carplay and Android auto will work offline with Spotify. You just have to "download" the playlist while you're online.

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
assuming you can connect any bluetooth device to the Bronco, which is TBD, some of these may be an option. https://www.pcsuggest.com/best-bluetooth-mp3-player/ just convert everything to micro sd cards, snap them in and stream through this device. I think they are relatively in expensive so worth a try.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In my 1988 Wrangler I remember having, and I still have, a mini cd player from sony where the cd stuck out like 2 " and you could see it spin. I velcro'd it to the dash. I had an amp in that car so I was able to just do headphone to RCA and plug it into the amp.I actually have a similar setup in my 84 CJ but I use my IPhone straight to amp. Worked great but did skip on any large bump. Oh the memories, but iPhone is so easy.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe it or not record player really was an option on cars way back when. Forget what car this was but it was an all original example at a concours I attended a few years ago. Under the dash is an actual record player. I spoke with the owner he said it worked ok.

FF9E37AF-ED09-476A-B12F-364F4CFFED1A.jpeg

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My music collection is one of my most prized possessions. More than any vehicle ever will be. Thousands of records, CDs and cassettes.

Not having to haul any of those around is one of the best advancements in modern technology. Between USB sticks and Spotify Premium I'm set with any song I'd ever want to hear, with or without a signal.
What? No 8 tracks? 8 tracks were the only medium you could listen to two tracks at once even if that’s not what you wanted. Highly efficient for the time. A well placed matchbook solved that problem. What? No match books? :unsure:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Believe it or not record player really was an option on cars way back when. Forget what car this was but it was an all original example at a concours I attended a few years ago. Under the dash is an actual record player. I spoke with the owner he said it worked ok.

Ford Bronco What do we know about the default stereo? FF9E37AF-ED09-476A-B12F-364F4CFFED1A
Chrysler

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yep. I don’t know much about vintage American cars, that was well before my time. Maybe a Windsor???
Offered on many Chrysler models.

2ED43478-9AD5-4796-99A7-51BF7C9220F7.jpeg

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like to go places with zero phone signal. That's specifically what I'm getting Bronco to do. So something like CarPlay isn't going to work up in the hills.
Like everyone has already said, just download them. Are you using a flip phone from 15 years ago? How do you not have enough space on a modern cellphone to download a days worth of music.

8 hours of music on Spotify is 647mb and that includes the apps file size. That’s nothing.

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like everyone has already said, just download them. Are you using a flip phone from 15 years ago? How do you not have enough space on a modern cellphone to download a days worth of music.

8 hours of music on Spotify is 647mb and that includes the apps file size. That’s nothing.
I don't want to be downloading music for each day. My current music collection is 78 GB. With an MP3 CD I could have one certain type of music on a CD and some other type on another one. Took about five seconds to choose what I wanted to hear.

I can do that on a USB Flash Drive, but the stereo in my Escape gets confused if there are too many files on it. I'll figure it out using USB drives for the Bronco.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Funny how things change as you get older. I grew up going from 8 tracks to cassettes to CD’s to iPhones. My 95 Lightning had the premium audio option and I enjoyed listening to the growl of that V8 more than any audio. For me now, the audio is mere background but I get it. Back in the day when it was easy and customary to upgrade or add audio, I was all about it. Today.....not so much. I hope the Bronco serves your audio needs.
Sponsored