Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is this wrong ?
Nope, the radius difference in the tires would only be an inch at most (nominal 33 v. 35), but expected actual diameters of the tires would make the difference .8" (BFG285 v. GoodYear315)...so that would mean .6" more lift on a Sasquatch.
I was used tiresize.com which shows a 1.7" difference in diameter, which matches your numbers.

285-70R17
315-70R17

Do you know where I can find the actual diameters of these specific model tires?
Sponsored

SulDogger

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.

Very insightful review and well done! Thank you for clarifying Sasquatch build and the fact it is only a prototype. Thank you for sharing!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

" Yep , 4.7 comes with all manuals and all sasquatch packages . You'll just be waiting longer to get a manual 2.3L w/sasquatch . "

Comes with ALL manuals AND all squatch .

There I made the font bigger ,LOL
Does it come standard on all manuals or is it an option in B&P? I believe it is only standard on the Badlands manual and is included with all Sasquatch packages.

chipstar

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great video, thanks for sharing some closer looks at things!

wish folks were a little less toxic on this forum...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was used tiresize.com which shows a 1.7" difference in diameter, which matches your numbers.

285-70R17
315-70R17

Do you know where I can find the actual diameters of these specific model tires?
No, because the GY Terrain M/T is not yet released, and no specs released that I have seen. You just have to look at current GY tires to get an idea.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it come standard on all manuals or is it an option in B&P? I believe it is only standard on the Badlands manual and is included with all Sasquatch packages.
Yep just Badlands manual . The rest get 4.46 . That's close enough right ? :)

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep just Badlands manual . The rest get 4.46 . That's close enough right ? :)
Haha, you guys have me laughing and smiling while browsing this forum again! :love:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, you guys have me laughing and smiling while browsing this forum again! :love:
It's bad trying to go back and forth on 3 or more forums and keep track while you're at work . Slow day here . :)

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $2500 to add on Squatch to the Badlands gets you the Wheels , tires , wider flares AND the 4.7 rear gearing .
Manual transmission already comes with the 4.7 in B & P not sure on automatic without Sasquatch

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has reported that the rock rails will support the entire weight of the vehicle.
Just don't add gravity multiplied by height. As in, don't drop the vehicle on the rock.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual transmission already comes with the 4.7 in B & P not sure on automatic without Sasquatch
LOL, here we go again! :ROFLMAO:

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep , everything on Fords websites is 100% accurate ;)
To the one who posted that pic, the first two words are "Based on", also.

Even though the video is quite good, I'll wait until a REAL BRONCO is reviewed, not these monstrosities to get everyone to go absolutely NUTS!

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, all you guys need is a time machine!

Here in the land of reality, you're complaining about something which will exist because it does not exist right now. Like a cure for corona virus or a magical condom that actually gives you the extra 2" you need at that moment.......

Ford can show you "REAL" rigs or stop "shoving pre-production rigs down your throats" when, oh..... I don't know...... PRODUCTION IS HAPPENING. Right now Ford is doing what every manufacturer does, and get the production sorted out and ready to pump out thousands of these things per month. You don't make those corrections on the line, you make minor corrections and fine-tune assembly order on the line.

What you're really complaining about is that Ford gave you too many sneak peaks at future products and are being salty little princesses about it. The type of salt that they don't need and will think long and hard about wanting to deal with in the future as opposed to letting you see/touch the first units off the assembly line a week before ordering.

Try being happy with what they have provided that we all didn't deserve. Life is a lot better without being overly critical about things beyond your control.

Hey Rick, I'm okay with what was given and I still intend on taking delivery of both rigs I have reserved. I'm just someone who likes to see something I can actually possibly have. We've been shown a lot of things I think many of us want but have been told won't exist. Maybe aftermarket may have what we want so that's an option?‍♂

But, it would still be nice to see what Ford is offering from the factory (all so far have been stated on paper, not much has been physically seen) Please tell me if I'm wrong or throw some links out I can check out..

Also, just wanted to let a fellow Bronco enthusaist/hopefully future owner know that they weren't alone in their opinion...

No beef, no salt, just sharing an opinion of many here.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

Thank you for this. Just subscribed to your YouTube channel. Looks like some great content!!

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hesitant on getting the sasquatch for my badlands until i learned that the tires will be a hybrid off/on road tire instead of expensive purely off road tires that will wear out and be noisy

Apparently if you want bigger tires you will want that gearing that comes with the package and its expensive to do it yourself. So while the 33's on the badlands are good 35's with gearing is better in my opinion
FYI: You can still do 4.7 gearing with the 33” (only badlands offers that option.)
Sponsored