J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

About a month ago, in the heat of Texas, I noticed the passenger side rear window strut detached from the glass. I took it in to the dealership and they ordered a new strut (which wasn't the problem). Dropped it off last night for repair, but they called today and said the need to order a new rear window, which will come with the struts already attached.

Anybody else have this issue?

I'll let you know how everything works out.
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s been two other owners that had their rear glass blown out which they suspect the struts were the cause. One had posted a vid off a cam and glass just blew out. Other owner had pics of the aftermath in his garage but it was clear glass blew out as well rather than in.?

CoachObs

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1971 Bronco, 1997 Ranger, 2005 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same thing happen. 2022 2d 5k mi. I was going in for my free dealer oil change. It had just happened. I pointed it out to the service "concierge". I said, "while you've got it, can you glue this back on? Oh, and the rear washer made a popping noise and leaked the first time I used it."
Not only was it going to be 3 weeks before I could get the oil change, their "diagnostic guy" couldn't look at the rear window for a month. I pointed out that we didn't really need a diagnosis since I was SHOWING them the problem. I did my own oil change. and took it back in a month.
Only then did they discover, as you found, that the entire assembly is the prescribed fix. Of course they had not checked or ordered either part. Another month of propping up the window with my noggin.
Really not relishing the prospect of getting the 5/6 synchro noise fixed.

OP
OP
Jmoder

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They ordered the rear window assembly and it took about a month or 6 weeks to get in. They finally fixed it last week. Totally different struts on the new window assembly.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They ordered the rear window assembly and it took about a month or 6 weeks to get in. They finally fixed it last week. Totally different struts on the new window assembly.
But it is the same awful glued on struts? I have never seen this before usually they mount bolts through the glass.

AZBronc24

Heritage
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram, 2010 Camaro,
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
About a month ago, in the heat of Texas, I noticed the passenger side rear window strut detached from the glass. I took it in to the dealership and they ordered a new strut (which wasn't the problem). Dropped it off last night for repair, but they called today and said the need to order a new rear window, which will come with the struts already attached.

Anybody else have this issue?

I'll let you know how everything works out.
My driver's side rear window bracket at the rear that bolts the window to the frame is glued to the glass. After sitting with the sun on that side. I went for a ride and noticed the glass coming out. I stopped and the glue that holds the bracket to the window came off and the glue was as if it never cured. (400) Miles. Pulled the window from the two ball and socket fasteners in the front side of the window. Input them in a bin that I actually had in the back of my bronco. Took it to the dealer and they had to order new glass. I'm still waiting for that to come in.
These brackets should have had the hole in the glass with the bolt style bracket fastened.
Sponsored