Singleshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2023 Big Bend, 2-door, 2.3L manual (without any noise, yet).

Picked it up last week (5/9-Wednesday) and by Friday the sound deadening on the main part of the hard top started coming down both front and rear. The front isn't as bad as the rear, which comes loose and hangs down so much that you can't see out the rear window.

At this time, we have contacted both the selling dealership and another dealership for service, and started a case number with Ford. The reason we contacted another dealership for service was what the selling dealership service department offered to do until "they figure it out". They so graciously offered to "Thumb tack it up". I kid you not. When I question this, the guy stated that "it would only leave tiny holes that would be covered up by the sound deadening when it's fixed."

The adhesive is super tacky and when you pull it back up it sticks VERY well. But give it a few hours in the sun and she start coming down again. It appears that there is too much adhesive; like the carpet material is saturated. It isn't bleeding through or anything like that, but the carpet material is VERY heavy feeling. I've applied spray 3M a few times and I would have never considered spraying anything that much.

The weather has only been in the mid-80's since purchase and we have not had the top off, nor the removable portions out or the windows down.

I will update once I have the appointment with the other service department.

Singleshot

Ford Bronco Hard-top sound deadening coming down sound deadenin

sound deadening 2.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
damn, that sucks. Haven't had any issues with my 2023, but who knows if that will stay that way. Gorilla glue that back up

Dthomp

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine was doing the exact same thing and I refuse to take it to a dealership. I decided to redo it myself with a product called Weldwood contact cement. Simple afternoon project and It’s been holding strong for a few weeks now.

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doing my camper build back in '21, I tried using spray adhesives (3M and Gorilla) that could not hold outdoor upholstery after a day. I went a different route after that. When it came to the outdoor carpet for the lower walls, same thing. The only adhesive that worked (with some hidden staples) was this cement. Got it from Lowe's. I applied with a 1/8 inch V trowel. The carpet stayed in place for the summer. Sold the camper over the winter.

Ford Bronco Hard-top sound deadening coming down Screenshot_20230517-203043

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2023 Big Bend, 2-door, 2.3L manual (without any noise, yet).

Picked it up last week (5/9-Wednesday) and by Friday the sound deadening on the main part of the hard top started coming down both front and rear. The front isn't as bad as the rear, which comes loose and hangs down so much that you can't see out the rear window.

At this time, we have contacted both the selling dealership and another dealership for service, and started a case number with Ford. The reason we contacted another dealership for service was what the selling dealership service department offered to do until "they figure it out". They so graciously offered to "Thumb tack it up". I kid you not. When I question this, the guy stated that "it would only leave tiny holes that would be covered up by the sound deadening when it's fixed."

The adhesive is super tacky and when you pull it back up it sticks VERY well. But give it a few hours in the sun and she start coming down again. It appears that there is too much adhesive; like the carpet material is saturated. It isn't bleeding through or anything like that, but the carpet material is VERY heavy feeling. I've applied spray 3M a few times and I would have never considered spraying anything that much.

The weather has only been in the mid-80's since purchase and we have not had the top off, nor the removable portions out or the windows down.

I will update once I have the appointment with the other service department.

Singleshot

Hey! I can take a closer look into your sound deadener concern if you like. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the best cement for headliners, etc. It holds up to the heat where many others won't. It's what is used by upholstery shops. Your best bet may be to have your dealer outsource the repair to an upholstery shop. I wouldn't want someone relatively inexperienced, like a dealer tech, performing the job.
Ford Bronco Hard-top sound deadening coming down 1684419889968
Sponsored