Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any Ford employees out there can get me a copy of the Bronco PDI Checklist?

Thanks
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t seen one for Bronco yet, but @flip posted a good proxy for one (2019 Ranger) attached as a PDF to the post below…

Ford pays us for the PDI which, sad to say, is not much more than tear the plastic off, maybe wash it and put it on the lot. The big catch for all of us is one, when a transport arrives during business hours there are people to do the check in and hopefully catch any missing things like second set of key, mats, antenna, any damage caused by the transport company and any visible damage from the factory. If you don't see it and have the driver note it on the bill of lading you (the dealer) are completely, utterly screwed. If they drop after business hours, like a weekend, you have 48 hours to report damage or misbuilt. Again, after that, you (the dealer) are hosed.

This PDI sheet is for a '19 Ranger but you can get the idea of how basic it is. Rail dust, paint is typically not as common of an issue as it was years ago and depends on if they put plastic wrap on the flat surfaces. PDI includes some claying, maybe a little buffing but if any more than that, it's on the dealer or warranty claim. Some of these things dealers have no control of for example non-painted parts with some surface rust or aluminum parts with that white chalky residue.

Most paint, metal, trim and glass issues require us to submit digital imaging to Ford and they make the call. I've seen stuff that should've been denied and stuff denied we felt were legit warrantable concerns.

While you are buying this from a dealer, we can't catch everything nor does FMC give us an open check book to replace a part you might find visually unacceptable. I understand the desire to want a new vehicle, you are paying premium $$ for, to be as flawless as possible. PLEASE understand some stuff you think is bad, Ford says is acceptable. We do our best but there are times our hands are tied.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/delivery-inspection-to-dos-w-checklist.13262/post-485454