First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very last thought for everybody: The above applies to us all, but take images (if possible) of the accident scene from various angles, including parts and road debris (e.g. glass). This will help establish who was traveling in which direction and in which lane at the time of impact. I notice in the image 1st responders are checking out the roadside vegetation. Images of her car down there would also help.
This is especially important. It is easy to think that you are being unreasonable by taking pictures but you have to protect yourself. There will be conflicting information and often the other driver will try to deny their part (fault) in the collision. Between me and my Dad we had 85 pictures of the accident scene and the vehicles in the towing yard.

Also, make sure that you review the police report carefully, they often get details wrong, sometimes just because they are late to the scene.

For me it was a 7 year battle to finally settle my claim.
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear your safe and Bronco did it’s job. Sad to see a totaled Bronco.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your Bronco, but glad it did its job and kept ya'll safe.
Granbury is a nice area. I stayed in Glen Rose when I was at the peak.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought I say you in Granbury about 5.00 Pm Wed. ... I talked to owner of the wrecker company last night about your wreck... glad ya'll are OK.... also the other driver he said was a known crack head and she had no insurance....

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably too late, but you should snag the roofline Accessory covers - like it popped off in the accident. People are losing those left and right. You can be a hero to someone.

1671209035464.png

Same with other easily removable components (like Fender Flares, etc.). Glad all are OK.
After an accident like that I doubt the OP cares about picking over the carcass.

Sponsored

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sad and happy post, my kiddo and I are ok, but wanted to share info. We were in a head on collision coming home Wednesday night (12/14). A lady crossed over into our lane on a undivided hwy (loop 567). I saw it coming, hoping she would correct or move, I moved over on the shoulder as far as I could and swerved left at the last second as to not take it directly head on. So happy to say the kiddo was not harmed at all. Car seat in the middle of the back seat hooked into the points. The Bronco took the hit like a champ, it stayed rigid, all safety features worked, and went into a crash mode perfectly. The passenger side interior was ok as well, it did not crush in. I am 10x more of a fan than I already was (if that’s possible, Sept 2021 delivery day 1 res). Great job Ford and your engineers. Thank you, I have no doubt the Sasquatch build helped a great deal. My Bronco is done, but we are so thankful and it’s a great day.
View attachment 434869
FFD6CC0C-BB57-4004-AEE4-2CF409153197.jpeg
Did you have your front crash bars taken out ? Wondering how it effected your collision. Glad you and family are well. đź‘Ť
Sorry about the Bronco.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess all the people saying the Sasquatch is less safe due to crash bars being removed were off base
It depends on what and how you hit.

The crash bars are design to deflect whatever you hit to the side to protect the passenger/driver footwells—protects your legs effectively. If you are hitting a small car the height advantage of the Bronco comes into play and will push the Bronco up and the car down. If you hit something with similar height to the Bronco—like a SuperDuty or a wall... then those crash bars may come more in handy.

In this case @Garrison got hit by a sedan, and took action at the last minute to ensure the other vehicle hit the passenger side of the Bronco where no one was sitting. I don't know if he took a picture at the passenger side of the cabin or if he was still in adrenaline mode at the time. But that would be the key area to check out to see if crash bars could have helped. My guess is since he hit a sedan it was probably okay—you can tell the Bronco was pushed up a bit during the collision just based on the pictures.

This isn't to say Sasquatch package is unsafe and you shouldn't buy it... just that crash bars are yet another safety feature that may help you survive a crash.

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad to see you're ok. My first one did well in a total loss impact as well... hopefully i'll have better luck with the second, its replacement.

If you haven't already, contact a personal injury attorney. I did, and it was worth it.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad to see you're ok.
Same!!

I guess there was no chance or time to go completely "offroad" ?
(I'm not familiar with the area at all).

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m so happy you are okay! Sorry about your Bronco being destroyed! I hope you are able to get a replacement soon.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad you are okay

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate to see this, and your outlook on the situration is perfectly clear, your family lives to see another day, and yes, it is a GOOD day! Vehicles can be replaced. Take care!

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sad and happy post, my kiddo and I are ok, but wanted to share info. We were in a head on collision coming home Wednesday night (12/14). A lady crossed over into our lane on a undivided hwy (loop 567). I saw it coming, hoping she would correct or move, I moved over on the shoulder as far as I could and swerved left at the last second as to not take it directly head on. So happy to say the kiddo was not harmed at all. Car seat in the middle of the back seat hooked into the points. The Bronco took the hit like a champ, it stayed rigid, all safety features worked, and went into a crash mode perfectly. The passenger side interior was ok as well, it did not crush in. I am 10x more of a fan than I already was (if that’s possible, Sept 2021 delivery day 1 res).

Great job Ford and your engineers. Thank you, I have no doubt the Sasquatch build helped a great deal. My Bronco is done, but we are so thankful and it’s a great day.

FFD6CC0C-BB57-4004-AEE4-2CF409153197.jpeg

4D8AF684-3B01-4835-A458-BA4858B1106C.jpg

head on collision bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg
Wow, sad for your Bronco but she did her job and kept your family safe.
Sponsored