VTR_16

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an opportunity to buy a “used” 2022 Bronco with 17 miles from a dealership. The window sticker states it was originally purchased by a Ford dealership in Puerto Rico and was shipped to a port in Florida. It never made it to Puerto Rico and was sent to auction and purchased by my dealer who is now selling it. (It even delivered to the dealership with the plastic covering the seats.) They’ve had at least 3 like this. I’m being told the only difference in these destined for PR is that they won’t have XM radio. I don’t use or care to use XM so it’s no prob for me. Is there ANYTHING else I should be aware of for a Bronco originally meant for PR? I imagine it could be set to KPH instead of MPH. Any comments? Suggestions? Don’t do it? Go for it? You’re an idiot?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an opportunity to buy a “used” 2022 Bronco with 17 miles from a dealership. The window sticker states it was originally purchased by a Ford dealership in Puerto Rico and was shipped to a port in Florida. It never made it to Puerto Rico and was sent to auction and purchased by my dealer who is now selling it. (It even delivered to the dealership with the plastic covering the seats.) They’ve had at least 3 like this. I’m being told the only difference in these destined for PR is that they won’t have XM radio. I don’t use or care to use XM so it’s no prob for me. Is there ANYTHING else I should be aware of for a Bronco originally meant for PR? I imagine it could be set to KPH instead of MPH. Any comments? Suggestions? Don’t do it? Go for it? You’re an idiot?
I say go for it if the price is right.. The kph or mph can be set to your choosing in settings

OP
OP
VTR_16

VTR_16

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had this opportunity on another one they had last month and backed out. Ended up regretting it. They just happened to have 2 more coming in just like it and I’m ready to jump on it tomorrow. Just haven’t seen anything about a build like this before destined for Puerto Rico.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would say get it if it’s what you want. Like the other guy said you can set it to KPH or MPH, etc.

OP
OP
VTR_16

VTR_16

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for these quick replies!

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do they know why it didn't make it to PR?

What is the used price?

Is the dealership a reputable one?

Why is it used if it's from a dealer who bought at auctions? How was it titled if it never made it to PR dealer?

They've had Hurricanes and flooding in parts of Florida, check it thoroughly...

If story, condition and price is right and it's what you want, why not?

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only draw back could be for resale.. because lack of knowledge may scare some from buying it..

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It has 17 miles on it and a manufacturer warranty. Buy it!

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good point. Check the car fax to understand who titled it to make it used.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Puerto_Rico_hurricanes

Fiona and Nicole have been the most recent, even if the Bronco never made it to PR Florida still got pounded pretty good. With the Bronco heavily dependent on electronics I'd be a little wary if they can't verify it was out of the storms path.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VTR_16

VTR_16

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealership is a huge Ford lot that’s been in the area for a long time. I know several people who have bought from them. Dealer has the Carfax attached to the listing.

672AD64D-0B38-48CF-A9EB-E62702F4039B.png

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco would still have the Sirius/XM app in the head unit. You just can't use it in Puerto Rico cause Sirius can not send a signal to a vehicle in PR. I just came from PR after spending 7yrs there. I bought a few new vehicles there which all had the Sirius program but could not be activated. For the most part all speed limits are in mph on island. And is programmable through vehicle settings in head unit. There is nothing else to worry about concerning the vehicle specs. The dealership that has the vehicle currently is probably the first title holder on the Bronco's. And yes it is at that point it is sold as used. But most banks still will finance it as new as long it is within one calender year of current year. So you should be able to get new car interest rates. Most all vehicles destined for PR go through Jacksonville port by cargo ship. The original reservation buyer probably backed out at last minute. Since the destination dealer is across the pond it immediately went to auction per Ford or destination dealer. There is an auction house near the port as the port auctions off vehicles that are not claimed or were found illegal.

OP
OP
VTR_16

VTR_16

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco would still have the Sirius/XM app in the head unit. You just can't use it in Puerto Rico cause Sirius can not send a signal to a vehicle in PR. I just came from PR after spending 7yrs there. I bought a few new vehicles there which all had the Sirius program but could not be activated. For the most part all speed limits are in mph on island. And is programmable through vehicle settings in head unit. There is nothing else to worry about concerning the vehicle specs. The dealership that has the vehicle currently is probably the first title holder on the Bronco's. And yes it is at that point it is sold as used. But most banks still will finance it as new as long it is within one calender year of current year. So you should be able to get new car interest rates. Most all vehicles destined for PR go through Jacksonville port by cargo ship. The original reservation buyer probably backed out at last minute. Since the destination dealer is across the pond it immediately went to auction per Ford or destination dealer. There is an auction house near the port as the port auctions off vehicles that are not claimed or were found illegal.

Thanks for this!
You’re right. The window sticker says it was sent to AMPORTS in Jacksonville. Destined to Fajardo Ford in Luquillo, PR

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would get it if the price works for you. I had a similar situation. Found a brand new used 22 Bronco with 200 miles. Weird long story about it getting back to the dealer, but we agreed upon a price, and the rest as they say is history.

Look at all the people that ordered and still haven’t received their Broncos. Get it, and go have fun

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for this!
You’re right. The window sticker says it was sent to AMPORTS in Jacksonville. Destined to Fajardo Ford in Luquillo, PR
Fajardo Ford is a huge dealership. They are all over the island.
Sponsored