Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everything your post says makes sense, a lot of sense, except one part.

The dealership that has the vehicle currently is probably the first title holder on the Bronco's.
Why would a dealer that is buying it from Ford through an auction have to title it? Is that a Florida law because it was going to PR? Otherwise dealer licenses should allow them to buy a car with a MSO (manufactures statement of origin) from auction without titling the unit.

Me thinks the car had to be titled before it went to auction.
Sponsored

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an opportunity to buy a “used” 2022 Bronco with 17 miles from a dealership. The window sticker states it was originally purchased by a Ford dealership in Puerto Rico and was shipped to a port in Florida. It never made it to Puerto Rico and was sent to auction and purchased by my dealer who is now selling it. (It even delivered to the dealership with the plastic covering the seats.) They’ve had at least 3 like this. I’m being told the only difference in these destined for PR is that they won’t have XM radio. I don’t use or care to use XM so it’s no prob for me. Is there ANYTHING else I should be aware of for a Bronco originally meant for PR? I imagine it could be set to KPH instead of MPH. Any comments? Suggestions? Don’t do it? Go for it? You’re an idiot?
You do realize that PR is a US Territory and they use MPH, US Gallons, drive on the same side of the road we do. I would go for it if it's equipped the way you want.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everything your post says makes sense, a lot of sense, except one part.

Why would a dealer that is buying it from Ford through an auction have to title it? Is that a Florida law because it was going to PR? Otherwise dealer licenses should allow them to buy a car with a MSO (manufactures statement of origin) from auction without titling the unit.

Me thinks the car had to be titled before it went to auction.
The auction company sold vehicle with clear title, if a private individual would of won the high bid as it is a public auction, the title would of been assigned to that individual. But in these cases when a outside dealership buys an auction vehicle, the title is assigned to the dealership. They are the first title holder. It most likely sat at the auction yard for a short bit till clear title was absorbed. Ford Michigan was not involved with the auction, the destination dealer gave the approval for auction. It is very common a new Bronco is sold as used especially a vehicle is to be shipped by boat to its final destination (overseas). The buyer backs out at last minute when it is sitting at port. The final destination dealer has no interest in paying for it to ship and Ford Michigan is not going to accept it back. So the only option is to auction it off at port. Title has to be available to sale at that point.

Most buyers that are overseas and get notice of shipment are then presented with the final figures to purchase. Once they see the shipping charge (dealer will not pay on special orders) and the final mark ups, the buyer walks away. Mark ups are huge when a vehicle goes over water. And for the most part the people pay it.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I remember a thread about a Wildtrak Bronco bought in Saudi Arabia (or some place in the middle east), their WTs dodn't even have front lockers. Apparently Ford configurations are not the same across the board, based on region. Just something to be aware of.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I remember a thread about a Wildtrak Bronco bought in Saudi Arabia (or some place in the middle east), their WTs dodn't even have front lockers. Apparently Ford configurations are not the same across the board, based on region. Just something to be aware of.
Yes, if you were in Europe and ordered a Bronco, the windshield is not the same as US requirements. The glass is designed so if a driver crashes head on the driver has a better chance of survival if he is thrown through the glass vs being restrained due to the autobon speed limits.

Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do realize that PR is a US Territory and they use MPH, US Gallons, drive on the same side of the road we do. I would go for it if it's equipped the way you want.
Yes and no,

Several units of measurements are used in Puerto Rico. The units of measure in use in Puerto Rico are based on the United States customary units, with two major exceptions: roadway distance signs are measured in kilometers and gasoline is sold by the liter.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The auction company sold vehicle with clear title, if a private individual would of won the high bid as it is a public auction, the title would of been assigned to that individual. But in these cases when a outside dealership buys an auction vehicle, the title is assigned to the dealership. They are the first title holder. It most likely sat at the auction yard for a short bit till clear title was absorbed. Ford Michigan was not involved with the auction, the destination dealer gave the approval for auction. It is very common a new Bronco is sold as used especially a vehicle is to be shipped by boat to its final destination (overseas). The buyer backs out at last minute when it is sitting at port. The final destination dealer has no interest in paying for it to ship and Ford Michigan is not going to accept it back. So the only option is to auction it off at port. Title has to be available to sale at that point.

Most buyers that are overseas and get notice of shipment are then presented with the final figures to purchase. Once they see the shipping charge (dealer will not pay on special orders) and the final mark ups, the buyer walks away. Mark ups are huge when a vehicle goes over water. And for the most part the people pay it.
OK Thanks for clarification, so it is different going over water to a dealership, with it being special ordered, instead of dealer stock, which I'm assuming would have just shipped to dealer. Or, if it had just been sent to a Florida dealer. We learn something new.

Fajardo Ford is a huge dealership. They are all over the island.
I wonder why such a large dealer in PR wouldn't want a high demand Bronco in their inventory?

But yea, buy it if priced right.

OP
OP
VTR_16

VTR_16

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been waiting to get one since they announced it was coming back!! I didn’t want a first year model of a new platform so I held off on reserving one. Then Covid happened and I just watched from the sidelines as all this BS transpired. Figured I’d start hunting around to see what I could find on a lot. Made some contacts with some dealerships and it paid off. Wasn’t an amazing deal but I didn’t get bent over either. Fell right in line with where I’ve seen others selling for. Today is finally here!!! This thing kicks major ass!!

0B4B86BC-6DC3-4163-9938-2266AD824A3C.jpeg

D91C3F19-3425-483C-8729-3CBD384982A1.jpeg

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At one time no vehicle imported into PR had heater let alone defrost. That has changed with even Kia Forteco.ing factory AC.

Buy it if price is right AND it is not a FL flood from hurricane car. That is o e thing that would make me think.twice about any vehicle that was in FL then orcoadtal CA now

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK Thanks for clarification, so it is different going over water to a dealership, with it being special ordered, instead of dealer stock, which I'm assuming would have just shipped to dealer. Or, if it had just been sent to a Florida dealer. We learn something new.

I wonder why such a large dealer in PR wouldn't want a high demand Bronco in their inventory?

But yea, buy it if priced right.
Yes if this had been a dealer stocked item there would be no talking about it. But since its a special ordered item, the dealer is not going to pay shipping. Its cheaper for them to just auction it at port. While I was in Puerto Rico, I bought 3 new vehicles, one for the wife, 2 for me. In each instance, the mark up was crazy, and not to mention normal lot stock. For instance, I bought a new 15 Ford PP GT 5.0. Here in my home state of Florida, I would of paid from $48-$52k, there in PR I paid $71k plus tax. I bought a 17 RAM 1500 Night Edition, here it would of cost $42-$45k, PR was $62k plus tax. If the dealer in PR wanted that Bronco, they would of added $5-7k for shipping, plus another $18-$20k on top of window sticker. Your at $80k +, it would of sat for a long time on there lot.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the dealer in PR wanted that Bronco, they would of added $5-7k for shipping,
That's insane! My boss sent his daughter to Hawaii to school and it costed him $1,500 to ship her car to Hawaii from So Cal and only $1,000 to come back, it's on a boat now.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's insane! My boss sent his daughter to Hawaii to school and it costed him $1,500 to ship her car to Hawaii from So Cal and only $1,000 to come back, it's on a boat now.
When I came back home in Dec 2020, it cost me $1,800 for my wife's car and $1950 for my RAM. That included having them car trailered at port from Jacksonville, FL to Palm Harbor, Fl.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lol

lol,really? Wiki? No sense
Huh? Its a list of the hurricanes that affected PR which could have affected why the Bronco was auctioned off. Bronco was located in Jax so neither should have affected it. Up to snuff now?

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Huh? Its a list of the hurricanes that affected PR which could have affected why the Bronco was auctioned off. Bronco was located in Jax so neither should have affected it. Up to snuff now?
The Bronco never made it to PR. It came from Ford shipped to Jacksonville, then was to be put on a cargo ship. So hurricane concern is non-existent. Buyer in PR backed out, that is why the destination dealer in Fajardo, PR assigned it at auction house to sell it. Nothing more to put into the scenario. The OP has a copy of the window sticker and carfax.
Sponsored