Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently removed my rear bumper unplugging my sensor harness (just inside where the rear wheel well meets the bumper) and now while reinstalling the bumper, I’m experiencing an issue getting the wire harness to plug back into the sensor harness?

I’m used to these kind of connectors having an audible “click” when fully seated? There is no click, and the male end appears to not be firmly or securely plugged in?

I obviously I don’t want to force anything so figured I’d ask if anyone has had experience in this area?

TIA
Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I changed mine out and somehow plugged the license plate light into a sensor. Anyways the connectors do seat in…..even if you use the wrong one🤦🏻

Skanderbeg

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I recently removed my rear bumper unplugging my sensor harness (just inside where the rear wheel well meets the bumper) and now while reinstalling the bumper, I’m experiencing an issue getting the wire harness to plug back into the sensor harness?

I’m used to these kind of connectors having an audible “click” when fully seated? There is no click, and the male end appears to not be firmly or securely plugged in?

I obviously I don’t want to force anything so figured I’d ask if anyone has had experience in this area?

TIA
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a fix for it?

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a fix for it?
Yah I used zip ties to make sure they wouldn’t pull apart! lol

I also used a little dielectric grease inside the socket for good measure just in the event the seal was no longer doing it’s job?

Skanderbeg

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yah I used zip ties to make sure they wouldn’t pull apart! lol

I also used a little dielectric grease inside the socket for good measure just in the event the seal was no longer doing it’s job?
Did you also get a faulty parking aid error?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The rear parking sensors aren’t working on the screen it’s giving me that error. Idk maybe I broke something
I just replaced my front and rear bumpers this week and I too am getting parking aid fault msg when I shift into rev.

Skanderbeg

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I just replaced my front and rear bumpers this week and I too am getting parking aid fault msg when I shift into rev.
Were you able to click in the wiring harness for the parking sensors? Mine doesn’t click in so I assume they’re not getting power so it’s giving me that error.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Were you able to click in the wiring harness for the parking sensors? Mine doesn’t click in so I assume they’re not getting power so it’s giving me that error.
Yes all four sensors clicked in and the input pigtail behind the p/s fender. I've rechecked 3-4 times on all.

Sponsored

Skanderbeg

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yes all four sensors clicked in and the input pigtail behind the p/s fender. I've rechecked 3-4 times on all.
Seems like we have the same issue but for different reasons.

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rear parking sensors aren’t working on the screen it’s giving me that error. Idk maybe I broke something
In my case it appeared to just be the plug not seating properly, I think it gave an indication initially but was straight dangling there unplugged? Once I was able to zip tie through no codes came up and I didn’t have to “rest” anything?

Skanderbeg

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

In my case it appeared to just be the plug not seating properly, I think it gave an indication initially but was straight dangling there unplugged? Once I was able to zip tie through no codes came up and I didn’t have to “rest” anything?
Mine is in, still gives me that code.

RDNK

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just changed out my rear bumber and the orange rubber seal inside the connector deformed when I attempted to plug it in casuing it not to fully seat. I carefully cleaned up both sides of the connector and applied dielectric grease and the plugs snapped in and everything works.

Kvnhorton

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just changed out my rear bumber and the orange rubber seal inside the connector deformed when I attempted to plug it in casuing it not to fully seat. I carefully cleaned up both sides of the connector and applied dielectric grease and the plugs snapped in and everything works.
I am having the same issue. Unplugged and couldn’t plug back in completely. When you say cleaned up both sides, did you pull the whole harness or just clear any debris and reinsert with grease?
Sponsored