First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, brand new to beadlocks so apologize for what may be a stupid question.

When periodically checking the torque on the bead locks is it adequate to do a quick check with the tire mounted? Do you need to jack-up the wheel to get the weight off the tire every time? Or, do you guys actually de-mount the tire?

Also, I've read that a lot seem to only check when changing oil or rotating. I assume that initially they should be checked a bit more often until they "seat" well?

Any advice is much appreciated.

thanks
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you are referring to wheels with actual beadlock rings and not the trim rings that ship with the Bronco. But if you are referring to the trim rings... Loctite and send it, they're just trim pieces.

If you have actual beadlocks, they have a fairly lengthy tightening pattern you'll need to follow, varies slightly by tire/ring, but it'll be in the instruction manual. I'll typically check torque again after the first tank of gas (300 miles or so). And if I find a bunch of loose bolts after that first check I'll double-check again after another 300-500 miles. Once the bolts settle I'll only verify torque during tire rotations.

The initial tightening needs to be done with the tire on the ground. After that it can stay mounted on the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume you are referring to wheels with actual beadlock rings and not the trim rings that ship with the Bronco. But if you are referring to the trim rings... Loctite and send it, they're just trim pieces.

If you have actual beadlocks, they have a fairly lengthy tightening pattern you'll need to follow, varies slightly by tire/ring, but it'll be in the instruction manual. I'll typically check torque again after the first tank of gas (300 miles or so). And if I find a bunch of loose bolts after that first check I'll double-check again after another 300-500 miles. Once the bolts settle I'll only verify torque during tire rotations.

The initial tightening needs to be done with the tire on the ground. After that it can stay mounted on the vehicle.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Yes, these are the ford performance bead locks and I'm changing ring and moving the bead to actual beadlock set up.
I've read all I can about the initial install, tightening procedure, torque patterns, etc. I'm specifically looking for "maintenance" torquing procedure. I didn't know if it is adequate to check the torque with weight on the tire.

Thanks so much.
m
Sponsored

Last edited: