Steelstacks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking for help with getting my BlackVue dr900 dash cam wired to my rear view mirror. I have the stickerfab dongar mirror tap but it’s a usb connection and my dashcam is a dc connection from the cigarette lighter. Any idea what adapter I can buy to make this work?

I’ve seen some on Amazon but don’t know which one would work with sizing and amp draw and all that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well you will need to research some specs on your camera because of cigarette lighter is 12 volts and a USB is 5 volts.

May want to look at accessories they sell for your camera and see if they even have a USB cord because your camera may require 12 volts??? (I honestly don't know)

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its pretty easy and straight forward to wire from the fuse panel below the steering wheel. You just use a couple fuse taps on fuses 29 and 35 I believe (one is always on and the other is switched with the ignition). Your dashcam should have a wiring harness available to do this. Then you just tuck the power line up the A Pillar and across the top of the windshield. Super clean and can't see it at all. There are a few good write-ups on here. I think a couple specifically for your dashcam. It is a popular camera.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I second just going to the fuse box. It's not that difficult at all to run and hide all the wires, but grab a set of plastic trim tools. You can do it without trim tools but life is soooo much easier with them. After getting a set, I think they should be a mandatory part of the toolbox kit.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I second just going to the fuse box. It's not that difficult at all to run and hide all the wires, but grab a set of plastic trim tools. You can do it without trim tools but life is soooo much easier with them. After getting a set, I think they should be a mandatory part of the toolbox kit.
This. Go to Harbor Freight. Very inexpensive and will be used for years.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Steelstacks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well you will need to research some specs on your camera because of cigarette lighter is 12 volts and a USB is 5 volts.

May want to look at accessories they sell for your camera and see if they even have a USB cord because your camera may require 12 volts??? (I honestly don't know)
The camera does require 12v. The dongar adapter I bought from stickerfab plugs into the auto dimming rear view mirror and connects via usb. I think it converts it from 12v dc to 5v usb. Don’t know if that would work. I’m not that electrically inclined but I hope so.

Guess I could hardwire it but figured this was simpler. Should’ve researched more.

fmf15e

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 Platinum, 2019 Edge ST, 2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have this exact camera…except I also have a rear camera with it.
I ran the wire down the A-pillar to the fuse block under the steering wheel. I used the two taps as Pakrat stated. I then ran the wire to the rear camera along the passenger side roll bar by removing trim and placing the wire. I had it exit and follow the rear window defroster wire to the back glass. I mounted the rear camera high and to the passenger side to avoid the defroster grid wires and the rear wiper.
I really like the camera and also leave it on while flat towing my Bronco to record any crazy things happening behind my Motorhome - Bronco combo.
Sponsored