Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So lets do some maths. Use $1600 to $1800 for tires and $1500 or so for regular rims. Add in re calibrating for tire size an you are sitting at $3500. Then add a proper lift (not a rough country) of some sort, your at $4500 or better.

OR $4500 for Sasquatch and you get proper size axles, Billstien shocks, a lift, beadlock rims, under amour, and correct gearing for bigger tires. I think your a tad off on what you think is cheaper or the way to go when it comes to the Sasquatch package. If you want bigger tires Sasquatch is the ONLY way to go price wise. Sure you can go the other way, but don't kid yourself that your saving money or that it can wheel like a Sasquatch.

I think a lot of people are having buyers remorse after wanting their Broncos as fast as possible so they went the soft top, 2.3L, non Sas route.
I see what you are saying, but I doubt I'd end up with a lift tho. I'd probably slip on some 33's and call it a day. I think I've read they'll fit without much rubbing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skeletor

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since you are driving a decent amount, I would go with the the LUX package. The Adaptive Cruise control on my other cars (which is a similar version to what the Bronco uses) is my favorite freeway feature. You also get the upgraded stereo. Aftermarket Upgrade the rims to 17 inch methods and 33 inch tires and I think you will be happy. Consider an all terrain tire rather than a mud terrain and the tire noise and daily ride will be a little better.
I was back and forth on the Lux. I'm leaning against it because most of the stuff included is stuff I don't have in my life now, so I don't think I'll miss it too much.

As far as the adaptive cruise goes, I dont really use cruise control. I've probably used it on my current vehicle 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years.

The only thing I really want would be the upgraded sound system, but I think I can upgrade the base system for a little cheaper than the Lux package. Maybe.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was back and forth on the Lux. I'm leaning against it because most of the stuff included is stuff I don't have in my life now, so I don't think I'll miss it too much.

As far as the adaptive cruise goes, I dont really use cruise control. I've probably used it on my current vehicle 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years.

The only thing I really want would be the upgraded sound system, but I think I can upgrade the base system for a little cheaper than the Lux package. Maybe.
Makes sense. There are quite a few examples of great stock stereo upgrades that are relatively inexpensive.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I initially hated the OBX wheels too. But I think a big part of why they look goofy is the soccer mom tires.

Members here have simply swapped their OBX tires with 32-33" K02s, and IMO they look awesome. The OBX wheel design itself kind of reminds me of certain factory JK Jeep Rubicon rims, and with the right tires they actually look cool, IMO.

ETA: From the wheel and tire thread, 275/70/18 KO2s (sorry, I don't remember whose this was, but I think it looks good):
Front tire obx.jpg
I believe that sweet OBX tire upgrade belongs to @Southern Girl?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/outer-banks-iconic-silver-non-sas-4-door-2-7.22216/

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personal opinion, so take it for what it's worth: Avoid the Sas if you're not taking it off roading. The OBX will have the creature comforts where as the BB with sas will eat into your MPG. You would likely enjoy the Daily Driver feel of the OBX more than the BB with Sas.

I agree with Dane. Get the creature comforts, better ride, and the better mpgs of the OBX. You can always get a set of aftermarket wheels/tires later, or maybe even pick up a set of Squatch take-offs at a reasonable price.

Side story for an example. I was holding off on buying wheels/tires for my Jeep Sahara when I thought my Bronco might arrive in '22. When I found it could be '24 before I even get a sniff of a build date, I went searching. Was ready too order, and decided to look one more time. I came upon a set (5) of Rubicon take-offs (285/70R17 KO 2's, and Rubi wheels) with less than 600 miles for 1300 bucks. They're in my garage now waiting to be installed.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I initially hated the OBX wheels too. But I think a big part of why they look goofy is the soccer mom tires.

Members here have simply swapped their OBX tires with 32-33" K02s, and IMO they look awesome. The OBX wheel design itself kind of reminds me of certain factory JK Jeep Rubicon rims, and with the right tires they actually look cool, IMO.

ETA: From the wheel and tire thread, 275/70/18 KO2s (sorry, I don't remember whose this was, but I think it looks good):
Front tire obx.jpg
They certainly do. I just picked up a set of Rubi take-offs for my Sahara. And you're correct, a good set of tires can make even the OBX wheels look good. :)

Ford Bronco Help with Purchasing Decision Rubi

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Help with Purchasing Decision Rubi
giphy.gif

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my vote is outer banks lux.. thats is a biased vote because that is my build including sas

Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
re-stating most of the other responses. If you will spend most of your time off road, then get the Sas. If you don't care for the outside appearance of having a bad @$$ off road rig and prefer the interior creature comforts the higher tech package will bring you in the OBX, then the OBX is the obvious choice. Plus....if you aren't planning on doing any rock crawling, then get the OBX and do a future upgrade of larger wheels/tires to get the more rugged look. Tough to decide, I know. In the last 18 months I've bounced between 4 different trims and between Sas and non-Sas. My current '22 order is a non-Sas. Seeing how easy it is to upgrade to larger tires, I chose the model I thought would suite my daily needs more than expensive 35" mud tires, lockers and expensive to replace shocks.

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been going back and fourth on the very same thing. I truly believe the sasquatch package is an excellent deal vs doing it aftermarket. However... I, myself, would not feel comfortable rock crawling or frequently off-roading in a close to $60k vehicle. At least for the first 5 years or so.

That being said, I'm leaning towards OBX and then going aftermarket wheels or recoating. I've seen some that powder coat their OBX wheels in a gloss black and it looks very sexy... I may go that route since aftermarket rims would cost a bit more. I love the look of the Bronco with the sasquatch package but in the end... if it's not going to be used... it's a waste (for me anyway).

Last thing I want to add is that all of the people adding bigger tires to their OEM OBX wheels (265, 275, 285) what is the load for them? All the Grapplers, Coopers, BFG, ETC I've seen for 18 in wheel sizes are load E 10 ply which I've heard are pretty hard tires and not very good for highway "creature comfort"

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been going back and fourth on the very same thing. I truly believe the sasquatch package is an excellent deal vs doing it aftermarket. However... I, myself, would not feel comfortable rock crawling or frequently off-roading in a close to $60k vehicle. At least for the first 5 years or so.

That being said, I'm leaning towards OBX and then going aftermarket wheels or recoating. I've seen some that powder coat their OBX wheels in a gloss black and it looks very sexy... I may go that route since aftermarket rims would cost a bit more. I love the look of the Bronco with the sasquatch package but in the end... if it's not going to be used... it's a waste (for me anyway).

Last thing I want to add is that all of the people adding bigger tires to their OEM OBX wheels (265, 275, 285) what is the load for them? All the Grapplers, Coopers, BFG, ETC I've seen for 18 in wheel sizes are load E 10 ply which I've heard are pretty hard tires and not very good for highway "creature comfort"
I believe the General Grabbers 275/70/18 were a "C' but I could be wrong. Not sure of other options on the 18 inch wheels. Could always look for Badlands take-offs. Lots out there!

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe the General Grabbers 275/70/18 were a "C' but I could be wrong. Not sure of other options on the 18 inch wheels. Could always look for Badlands take-offs. Lots out there!
Yeah those don't look too bad! I've been hunting for something better than E. However, a set of badlands 17 in with 33's would be preferable if the price were right!

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah those don't look too bad! I've been hunting for something better than E. However, a set of badlands 17 in with 33's would be preferable if the price were right!
I don’t have a build date yet and don’t expect one until the middle of 22 at the earliest but I will be keeping an eye out for Badlands take-offs if price is less than 5 new General Grabbers. That would be a win win in my book!
Sponsored