First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, I have the JBL sound bar, which, as has also been stated, has no bass, but the treble is pretty good, and it gets very loud.

I also have acquired the stock sub speaker and amplifier, and since my car is the version that has the dummy sub, I am going to install those parts and have the computer flashed so that the sub works.

Then I’m done!

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hi everyone -

I know this has been posted to death, but I just today replaced the dash speakers in my four-door black diamond with these Hertz speakers.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_301DCX1003/Hertz-DCX-100-3.html?tp=102

It was an immediate and noticeable difference. I strongly recommend them.
Replaced both the corner dash and the rear speaker pods with the Hertz DCX 100’s - makes a big difference, especially enhancing the rear pods. This is the only upgrade I’ve done to my Lux package with the B&O and I don’t plan on changing anything else.

OP
OP
NathanML

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Replaced both the corner dash and the rear speaker pods with the Hertz DCX 100’s - makes a big difference, especially enhancing the rear pods. This is the only upgrade I’ve done to my Lux package with the B&O and I don’t plan on changing anything else.
Had I not gotten the sound bar, I think replacing the pod speakers with these Hertz speakers as well, is as an excellent idea

Honestly, I just wanted the look of having a sound bar in my car, haha

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Had I not gotten the sound bar, I think replacing the pod speakers with these Hertz speakers as well, is as an excellent idea

Honestly, I just wanted the look of having a sound bar in my car, haha
Sound bar blocks a ton of view from what I’ve read - and in the 2Dr - your view gets blocked quite a bit if you have the 2 front panels off the hardtop and stored in the bags - so the sound bar was never really a consideration for me - maybe on the 4dr this is different

Sponsored

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm on the fence between these Hertz or the Infinity reference for dash...anyone have experience with both..
Thanks in advance

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm on the fence between these Hertz or the Infinity reference for dash...anyone have experience with both..
Thanks in advance
Both will be ideal as the are both 92db sensitivity so will not make the amplifier work harder to move them. Only drawback to Hertz is that the connectors are weird - you need to trim one or just cut the connectors off the new harnesses you bought and solder. Personally I love the sound of Hertz. Have them in 2 cars. Where they really shine is the rear pods. Lots of other posts on the forum about the Infinty 4032 CFX so I don’t think you can go wrong either way

Kbeas

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks in advance
Only the infinity reference as I put them in the dash and back, and did the Forscan update per Ragnarok's instructions. Significant improvement with the update and am extremely happy with it....

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If you have the B&O system, just remove the OEM and install the Hertz. No bass blockers or anything else needed.

Sponsored

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both will be ideal as the are both 92db sensitivity so will not make the amplifier work harder to move them. Only drawback to Hertz is that the connectors are weird - you need to trim one or just cut the connectors off the new harnesses you bought and solder. Personally I love the sound of Hertz. Have them in 2 cars. Where they really shine is the rear pods. Lots of other posts on the forum about the Infinty 4032 CFX so I don’t think you can go wrong either way
Ok then ..didnt want to mess with soldering so installed the infinity reference... now onto Mabbett pods install next week still looking at 6.5 speakers..thinking Focal RCX-165....then onto amplifier/ tailgate sub or gearshade 8in....too many decisions..lol

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ok then ..didnt want to mess with soldering so installed the infinity reference... now onto Mabbett pods install next week still looking at 6.5 speakers..thinking Focal RCX-165....then onto amplifier/ tailgate sub or gearshade 8in....too many decisions..lol
check out the SSV Pods - can get them with Kicker or buy them empty and load your own speakers - https://ssvworks.com/pages/product-result?rq=yr_2023~mk_ford~md_bronco
Alternatives to the Mabetts
Sponsored