Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I originally was set on the '21.. First year back and all. I reserved fairly early and was excited about it. Then the issues started popping up with the top. I heard green might be coming in '22. Someone made the comment that the '21 will be known as the year of the screwed up tops. Getting bumped to a '22 doesn't sting as much as I thought it would. Just hoping to see it first quarter of next year...
Sponsored

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved on day two and was psyched to get my first off-road vehicle. I absolutely wanted the painted MOD top and was bummed at first about it moving to '22. Then I received the dreaded notice that MOD tops would be moved to '23 and was fairly numb at that point due to all of the production woes.

Given yesterday's news, who knows if I'll still get a MY '23 or any Bronco at all but I'm actually happy I'm not getting a '21. Who knows what other flaws will be found over the next 6-12 months. It also gives me a chance to see if Toyota releases a new 4runner, how the new Grand Cherokee drives and maybe even switching to something like the Maverick hybrid. I feel for the people that were absolutely banking on getting theirs this year- especially those that timed their leases or sold their cars after getting their production emails.

Extremely disappointed in Ford with not testing their vehicles/parts enough. Tops can't withstand extreme heat & humidity?? We literally have every climate in this country for them to test these things in.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Extremely disappointed in Ford with not testing their vehicles/parts enough. Tops can't withstand extreme heat & humidity?? We literally have every climate in this country for them to test these things in.
The more likely scenario is that Webasto was able to produce a quality pre-production roof numbering in the dozens for Ford. Then when the rubber hit the road Webasto completely fumbled their part of the deal.

There has been some QC issues with body panel misalignment but otherwise - I don't think we've seen widespread QC issues with production or the model itself - whistling aside.

This is a shitty supplier issue. It falls on Ford since they selected the shit supplier - but it's not like they're rolling LADAs off the line. I'm actually kind of pleased with Ford's response and owning the error even if the fix is painful and time consuming.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kinda bummed. Top better be on point when I finally take delivery, though. Don’t have me wait all this time and still deliver a leaky top.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the camp of people who would rather get a '22 in January rather than a '21 in October.

Sponsored

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in MIC Replacement group 2 and not excited about getting it in November/December after sitting for so long and would probably opt for a 22 if given the choice. I also have an October Granger reservation and may trade/sell/abandon my current reservation and go that route depending on what new and exciting things actually come out in the MY22 B&P. Or keep this one and go for the MY23 MOD top option on my Grangtober reservation and that way have a better idea of how I use it and get what's fits instead of just guessing like I am now.

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I had my choice of a '21 in October vs. a '22 in October knowing that the models are the same mechanically, visually, etc., I'd prefer to have the '21. My thought is that, after I put 15,000 miles on it in the first 12 months, that I'd have a '21 with 15k miles vs. a '22 with 15k miles in October of '22.

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am hoping that Ford will figure out a configuration for better mileage perhaps with different wheel/tire/bumper combinations for MY22 - to compete or beat Wrangler.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm sad! I really wanted to be one of the first people in my area to have one! But I accept things are the way they are. Can't stress over things I can't control.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Model year makes no difference to me and honestly, something about not having the 1st model year actually makes me feel less like im taking a gamble. I know issues can exist across model years but still.

Sponsored

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm totally OK with them working out all the bugs before I receive mine. Additionally, I'm not willing to compromise and downgrade (Lux, Leather, Tow, MIC, Roof Rack, etc.) any options just to get it a few months earlier. This was supposed to be my early retirement gift to myself so I guess I can wait. If I'm going to spend almost $60K for a vehicle, it better be perfect! Besides, I may be able to pay cash for this thing with all the money I am able to put away for a down payment....that is as long as my 10 year old Explorer can keep going.

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just hope i get mine by 3/22. Now with new potential colors for MY22 i nay have to revisit some changes.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will be identical vehicles except one will be built in November and the other in December. Those thinking that by getting a 22 they will be getting a vehicle with less launch issues are naive.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care about the model year, and I'd even be ok with the wait, if they could do a better job of communicating with us and giving some real expectations.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was always the plan to begin with but now I'm scared I'll be pushed out to MY23 :\
Sponsored