First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all still love the concept of the BRONCO and many will stay with their original builds but how do you feel about not getting a MY '21? Not asking about getting new options or quality but all things being equal how do you feel about owning a MY '22 v MY '21 BRONCO?
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That was always my intention as I didn't want to deal with first year production issues. I waited until summer to convert my order. I had a 2dr BaseSquatch that still had a possibility of being a MY21 but the wife 86'd it and I re-ordered a 4dr BDSquatch which got 99'd.

But now that 45k+ 2021 orders are now 2022 orders who will rightfully jump me in line - I might be looking at a MY23!

That's OK with me. The wife's veto added about $15k to my bottom line and I don't want a car payment. MY22 gives me a small one. MY23 I'll plop down the cash when it arrives. I recently looked at Wranglers, Gladiators, 4Runners, and used FJs recently and none of them turn the dial for me like my 90 minutes behind the wheel of a Badlands.

I'll wait patiently like a good partner does. Our time will be great when it finally arrives.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always been a MY22. I bought a '16 RS and, although it was a great car, there was some frankenstein-ing going on from Ford to get it to the US for its first year. Plus, there was that head gasket fiasco.

That being said, I told myself that I wouldn't buy a first year model again - then the Bronco was announced! But since they gave us an option to Priority Code 99 it, I went with that. I'm glad I did.

JimiRads

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally, I am ok with getting a MY '22. I just wish I was getting it sooner, but I know I am in the same boat as A LOT of other people. Fingers crossed that my 10-Year Old Focus can hold up until my Bronco is ready.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as disappointing as this has been, I feel pretty fortunate to not be stuck with a faulty MIC top. I dont have a problem with a 2022. However, my faith in Ford to remedy this quickly is pretty low. My reservation was 8/6 so i have no idea when ill actually get mine. Q3 wouldnt surprise me

Sponsored

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea I wanted to have the 1st year but always had concerns over the bugs of a first year model of a vehicle. So while it sucks not having my bronco this summer I'm ok with it as long as ford works out any production problems and the Bronco I get is perfect. That being said now I have to do some more maintenance on my current vehicle to keep it running for the next 6 months or whatever. Also now I'm interested to see what options are available for 22MY. I want a manual and if they offered a v6 manual I'd get that also a jade green option would definitely be appreciated.

BamBamBilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't mind the wait, I do mind AMB potentially no longer being a color option. I feel like exceptions should be made for the people who have been waiting. I'm sure that won't happen but a guy can dream.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll go for a 2023. I remember 2018 Jeeps sitting various issues because repair parts were hard to come by.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO ...The year doesn't matter.. Getting what you want is #1..... And Quality # 1A

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No issues in principle with MY 22 over MY 21, but I am in need of a vehicle now and wanted to get rid of my Jeep while the market was high. This has put me in a real bind (first world problem I know). In the words of The Clash 🎵 "Should I stay or should I go now..."

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Same as most posts so far, had already 99'd myself to '22 for white top that is now getting here in '23. If there's no new '22 options that will sway me into ordering then I'll be waiting it out. I will say I'm fine with the delays, would rather have my Bronco the way I want it but done right then pushing issues out to the customers to resolve later.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping for an early Q2 2022, and now pushed back a few months. So 22 all along, and I'm very good with that.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since I wasnt going to go FE, dont really care as long as I get what I want to order, these things are too much coin to just settle.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't like it quite frankly. I wanted a first model year, but I also didnt want to take delivery in November or something and have my brand new vehicle go through a full Michigan winter. I had already decided if I didn't get a build date by the end of September I was going to 99 my order anyways.

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With delivery not likely until late November or December at best, I would much rather have a 2022 model year. The rest of the world will look at the 2021s as already one model year old.
Sponsored