First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've searched this forum and all search engines and a couple dealerships. I purchased an OEM factory soft top for my 23 WildTrak and everything sits perfect except the bolt holes are not even in the same ballpark of lining up. Part number is M2DBS501B00DE6JA6. Thanks for any guidance.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pictures of your concern might be helpful to post so we can assist.

OP
OP

BigPapaPaul

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've already put the hard top back on. I'll get some pics later of the bolt holes not lining up. It is clearly not the correct top due to the brackets. The threaded bolt holes on the body are two inches closer together than the holes on the top bracket. And about an inch closer to the bottom hole. Like I said previously, the top opens and latches down and the rear clamps latch into the two receivers.
Thanks

top1.jpg

top3.jpg

top2.jpg

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That engineering number doesn't cross to anything. What did the top come off of? Are you talking about the brackets that bolt to the body behind the cargo area panels?

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Relevant part numbers. (frame only, they do not sell a complete assembly)
Ford Bronco How many factory soft top part numbers 1711727434181-pm

Sponsored
OP
OP

BigPapaPaul

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That engineering number doesn't cross to anything. What did the top come off of? Are you talking about the brackets that bolt to the body behind the cargo area panels?
Thanks Flip,
I just added photos of the bracket and yes its the brackets in the cargo area that you have to expose by removing the small panels on each side. I purchase the top from an individual and it was still strapped to the pallet with all the hardware and windows. It has Ford stickers on all of the boxes and metal frames. So what you're saying is that Ford doesn't sell the soft top complete?

Eddie Bauer

Badlands
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought a brand new Ford soft top still on a pallet from someone. If the soft top came from an owner that had the Dual top option, several of the needed parts are already installed on the original Bronco and NOT on the pallet. They need to be removed from the original vehicle. The pallet has the soft top, bolts and the side panels for the soft top windows. You need:

- Rear latches
- Brackets that attach the soft top to the bronco
- Brackets for the top roll bar for the ‘halfway” latch of the soft top

IMG_2758.png

IMG_2759.png

IMG_2757.png

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've already put the hard top back on. I'll get some pics later of the bolt holes not lining up. It is clearly not the correct top due to the brackets. The threaded bolt holes on the body are two inches closer together than the holes on the top bracket. And about an inch closer to the bottom hole. Like I said previously, the top opens and latches down and the rear clamps latch into the two receivers.
Thanks

Ford Bronco How many factory soft top part numbers IMG_2757

There's a black bracket that attaches to the Bronco, which then bolts to the soft top brackets you show. I'll see if I can find a picture - One moment.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is it here:

Ford Bronco How many factory soft top part numbers 1711732744361-s2

Do you have this piece installed, and it still won't line up? Or maybe you have the brackets installed, but backwards possibly?

Edit:

@Eddie Bauer beat me to it. I just sold my soft top to someone, and had to remove a bunch of items he mentioned in his post. There's a possibility you might be missing some components, albeit the seller likely didn't do it intentionally. It's easy to not know what should/should not be sold with the soft top.

OP
OP

BigPapaPaul

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just bought a brand new Ford soft top still on a pallet from someone. If the soft top came from an owner that had the Dual top option, several of the needed parts are already installed on the original Bronco and NOT on the pallet. They need to be removed from the original vehicle. The pallet has the soft top, bolts and the side panels for the soft top windows. You need:

- Rear latches

Ah Ha!! Thats what I kinda figured. Now I guess I just need the part numbers for the rest of the bits. I ordered the rear receivers from M2M.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah Ha!! Thats what I kinda figured. Now I guess I just need the part numbers for the rest of the bits. I ordered the rear receivers from M2M.
I'd recommend reaching out to the seller of the soft top - You can likely get these items from him/her as they probably didn't know it should come with the soft top they sold you.

OP
OP

BigPapaPaul

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm missing those side brackets and the roll bar center brackets.

Eddie Bauer

Badlands
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

- Rear latches

IMG_2758.png

IMG_2759.png

IMG_2757.png
They no longer have the vehicle.
that sucks! Hope you don’t have any trouble finding the replacement parts

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Flip,
I just added photos of the bracket and yes its the brackets in the cargo area that you have to expose by removing the small panels on each side. I purchase the top from an individual and it was still strapped to the pallet with all the hardware and windows. It has Ford stickers on all of the boxes and metal frames. So what you're saying is that Ford doesn't sell the soft top complete?
Not as a service part. You'd have to buy the frame, canvas skin, side and rear windows along with some hardware.
Sponsored