Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on joining the forum, and welcome! Sorry for some salty jerks who are making some serious assumptions. Sounds like you've got a great plan, and have thought it out - I think you're gonna do well with the Turo idea - I'm sure you'll easily be able to pay those things off quickly, and then have some good equity on your hands in a short time. Good job on the focus and determination, especially at such a young age!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jstump99

Jstump99

Base
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Porsche 944 NA, 2001 Forester, 2017 CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats on joining the forum, and welcome! Sorry for some salty jerks who are making some serious assumptions. Sounds like you've got a great plan, and have thought it out - I think you're gonna do well with the Turo idea - I'm sure you'll easily be able to pay those things off quickly, and then have some good equity on your hands in a short time. Good job on the focus and determination, especially at such a young age!
Thanks for the support! Iā€™m excited to do something Iā€™m passionate about - haters aside. Didnt do 4 years of undergrad and start an MBA for nothing šŸ˜‚

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking into purchasing a secondary vehicle to do the Turo thing with. I just don't think there is enough interest in that market in the area I live in to justify the purchase. Good luck with the venture!

OP
OP
Jstump99

Jstump99

Base
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
North Dakota. Okay, that's waaayy outside of the DMV; a bit farther than I was expecting. Lol.
haha- well he gave me a deal and no deposit the last day you could place orders so I ran with it. And drop shipping to DC makes it easy

dScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Genesis G80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it was suggested to me on FB that I start using B6G more!
Jimmy here, Washington DC area

I actually have three on order, at least one will be available to rent via Turo
How does insurance work with Turo? If people take a turo rented bronco out off road, get in over thier head and damage it, who's responsible? I would guess most insurance does not cover rock crawling?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jstump99

Jstump99

Base
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How does insurance work with Turo? If people take a turo rented bronco out off road, get in over thier head and damage it, who's responsible? I would guess most insurance does not cover rock crawling?
Through Turo they cannot go off road sadly. As I scale up - I will explore the possibility of private rental experiences with supplemental policies for that type of renter.

dScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Genesis G80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Through Turo they cannot go off road sadly. As I scale up - I will explore the possibility of private rental experiences with supplemental policies for that type of renter.
well, good thing people always follow the rules in rentals haha ! Hope everything works out for ya. I was thinking of trying turo with mine (when/if I get it) but a little leary of the insurance stuff, and in CO with easy access to off-roading, I just don't think I'd have enough trust in the customers.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you planning on buying all three Broncos? Either way youā€™re hoarding Broncos away from other reservation holders waiting for just one. If you donā€™t take them all the dealership will most likely sell them at a mark up.

Donā€˜t be surprised if your post here is met with resistance or disapproval. Nobody here wants to hear about your three orders clogging up the reservation system for more deserving order holders that are patiently waiting.
Actually that's the Bronco scene these days. Big spenders and guys with multiple Broncos. You're stuck with those guys mucking things up, at least until supply increases.

Bonus - you won't have to run into OPs Turo Bronco on the trail, because apparently it's for exclusive pavement use, lol.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MBA or notā€¦.book smart does not always translate to street smart. I just donā€™t understand the Turo thing and how you would be able to rent a vehicle enough times to make it profitable. Seems like a really niche market similar to renting a Porsche or Ferrari when on vacation in Hawaii and I just donā€™t believe there would be that many people demanding to rent a Bronco for the weekend. Plus as others have mentioned, you simply cannot trust people to take care of and respect something that is yours the same way that you would. Course then again Iā€™m the same guy that feels if you touch my vehicle, your hands should be permanently removed, so there is thatā€¦good luck šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turo seems like a pretty profitable venture for desirable vehicles (like the Bronco) - looking at my local area on Turo.com - I see a Bronco for $135 a day. I'm not sure what % of that goes to the car owner, but even if it's just $80 out of the $135 - if it's rented for 10 days a month, that's $800 a month - easily a car payment. I had a friend who was looking for a vehicle with open roof and removable doors that could seat 5 people - he wanted to take a day trip to Yosemite with his family, and have them easily be able to see all the beauty around them - he ended up renting a Jeep 4 door - and had the owner remove the doors and roof before he picked it up - they had a blast just driving through Yosemite valley.
Sponsored