Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We just returned from the Raptor Off-Roadeo in NV. More photos and videos to come soon.

Last Monday, I enjoyed joining seven other drivers in taking eight brand-new Bronco Raptors into the Mojave desert. The experience was one of a kind. As the owner of Metal-tech 4x4 with 35yrs of offroad experience, 24 of them full-time in this industry, I walked away from the event grinning ear to ear. My background is rock crawling, Overlanding, and remote support for media production in the US and South America, but never formal racing. Ok, designing and building bumpers and armor for real-world use.

Sure, I have bombed a 400HP V8 FJ40 on custom suspension in Moab from the backside of Whitekuckle to Pritchett Canyon. But the accomplished Ultra 4 instructors had us push those demo Braptors harder than I have ever done to even a custom-built Landcruiser speed-wise. Yet all the Raptors were "stock" off the lot machines. I must say the instructors for the Raptor side, every one of them is experienced commercial motorsports high-speed drivers of some kind. I was fortunate to go on day 3 of it being open outside of internal Ford; I hope they continue encouraging drivers to push the trucks as hard as they did for us. However, it would seem that those trucks will not be alive for three months unless they do major maintenance! (or sell them off and keep putting fresh ones on the line)

So if you have a Raptor or one on order, sign up for that experience. It's very much worth the trip.

More to come. Mark

Ford Bronco Hucking Raptors in Nevada, must be the Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo Metaltech air

Ford Bronco Hucking Raptors in Nevada, must be the Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo Raptor offroadeo

Ford Bronco Hucking Raptors in Nevada, must be the Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo 3__LKP2502

Ford Bronco Hucking Raptors in Nevada, must be the Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo Rap Vally
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you guys get a Yeti mug Souvenir?

Also, did Ford take those photos?

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for sharing. Cannot wait until my res!

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So if you have a Raptor or one on order, sign up for that experience. It's very much worth the trip.
Unlike the regular Bronco Off Roadeo, where you can attend in advance of taking delivery, the Raptor one is only after delivery. To quote Ford when I inquired:
"The Raptor experience is post-delivery only. Once you take delivery of your Raptor we can mark it verified. It does take the system a few days to update once delivery is taken."

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have taken delivery and been verified from Off Rodeo, but can't get past the Location page because it won't give me the Raptor Off-Rodeo option. I've already been in touch with them to fix the issue with no luck.
I did already attend the regular Bronco Off-Rodeo in New Hampshire, so maybe that's why.

Ford Bronco Hucking Raptors in Nevada, must be the Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo Off Rodeo

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great overview, thanks. My suspicion is that this fleet will last much longer than you suspect. This is part of the whole point.

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did you guys get a Yeti mug Souvenir?

Also, did Ford take those photos?
Yes Raptor Yeti bottle and the photos I posted above are from the staff photographer as I drove the truck. We have video we will post soon.

Unlike the regular Bronco Off Roadeo, where you can attend in advance of taking delivery, the Raptor one is only after delivery. To quote Ford when I inquired:
"The Raptor experience is post-delivery only. Once you take delivery of your Raptor we can mark it verified. It does take the system a few days to update once delivery is taken."
Hmm, I only had to provide the VIN for our Raptor. With the vin in the registration system it allowed me to register. Our actual Raptor showed up at the dealer the DAY I was at the Off-Roadeo in NV. (Odd, my first two broncos showed up and I picked them up with 4 miles on them, but my Raptor some how had 37. Few extra shake down runs by the staff I think:))
Sponsored