ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally had the top off today...with top on I think speakers are fine...top off I don't think they put out enough juice...this is something ford will have to look into for future years...I got to hear the b and o system too...it wasn't much better
Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had to upgrade all the stock speakers when I had my Jeep 2 door. It's already at the top of my priority list when I finally take delivery of the Bronco.

When I went to Bronco Off Roadeo I had the soft top down the last day and even with the B&O system at slow speeds I would rate very poorly.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The upgrade isn't difficult and is going to be worth doing. Focus on efficiency, match brand in all locations. I'd consider Polk and Infinity coax's first, but the JBL's have good efficiency too. None of those will break the bank. You can start with the 4" front and rear, but I think you'll want the efficiency in the 6.5's too. Good luck!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think a speaker upgrade is enough? I watched a video, I think its called Pickens Party of 5 swap their 4 inch speakers and it made a big difference.
I would say no. It will help some, but there are not enough and they are too small to really put out a lot of sound. Dynamat will also help by a surprising amount. My current vehicle has a 28 speaker system and I'm really pleased with it.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there are not enough....My current vehicle has a 28 speaker system and I'm really pleased with it.
Wow.
I prefer 2 front 2-ways and a sub, that's it.

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say no. It will help some, but there are not enough and they are too small to really put out a lot of sound. Dynamat will also help by a surprising amount. My current vehicle has a 28 speaker system and I'm really pleased with it.
Does the top come off? Is it designed for luxury or off-roading? You're never going to get that 28 speaker sound in a Bronco with the top off, no matter what you do.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the top come off? Is it designed for luxury or off-roading? You're never going to get that 28 speaker sound in a Bronco with the top off, no matter what you do.
Never gonna sound amazing, but it could be a lot better and able to be heard. Ford didn't try hard enough here.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never gonna sound amazing, but it could be a lot better and able to be heard. Ford didn't try hard enough here.
Agree, I'm planning a powered sub too. But this whole process is just to add some clarity and detail. It's not going to be powerful, just much better than Ford is giving us.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I, too, was hoping to differentiate between the First and Second violins in Tchaikovsky's 6th.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can’t speak to the speaker quality, however there aren’t a lot of places to put speakers in a vehicle with no doors, no roof and no crossbar All while attempting to keep everything waterproof.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can’t speak to the speaker quality, however there aren’t a lot of places to put speakers in a vehicle with no doors, no roof and no crossbar All while attempting to keep everything waterproof.
Speaker quality or lack of and the amount of power driving them makes a difference. They could have done what the F-150 B & O Unleashed system does and put some in the headrests.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m
I, too, was hoping to differentiate between the First and Second violins in Tchaikovsky's 6th.
go for Rachmaninov’s piano concerto No 2, violent enough to work its way through pretty much everything, 😂