Sponsored

I didn’t think I’d buy a Bronco today...

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great story! I'm also a July 2020 res holder (1/29/21 order) that might have the long wait ending soon. I have a VIN and expect to have a window sticker in the next few days. I went from 11/14 build week to 11/17 build date a few days ago.

Ford Bronco I didn’t think I’d buy a Bronco today... Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.29.01 AM
Sponsored

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great story! I'm also a July 2020 res holder (1/29/21 order) that might have the long wait ending soon. I have a VIN and expect to have a window sticker in the next few days. I went from 11/14 build week to 11/17 build date a few days ago.

Ford Bronco I didn’t think I’d buy a Bronco today... Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.29.01 AM
May I ask... what took so long if you ordered the vehicle in 2020 and just now getting a build notification??? I realize people have waited a long time but 2+ years?!? Reason I ask is I'm looking to get on the order books when they open up for 2023 with a pretty standard Black Diamond build (non-Sas; no towing) and assuming it'll take 6-9 months but should I be anticipating years?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
May I ask... what took so long if you ordered the vehicle in 2020 and just now getting a build notification??? I realize people have waited a long time but 2+ years?!? Reason I ask is I'm looking to get on the order books when they open up for 2023 with a pretty standard Black Diamond build (non-Sas; no towing) and assuming it'll take 6-9 months but should I be anticipating years?
hes by far not the only one.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Long time reader, first time poster!

I have had an order since 2020. Spring of 2021 I updated my build and assumed it would hopefully happen that year. While waiting, I was looking up Bronco Off Road Rodeo locations and noticed I couldn’t access some portions of the site. I kept putting in my order number and it wouldn’t log me in. Called my dealer, and somehow, someway, my order had disappeared. So they offered to let me take over another customers build who was also fairly early but had backed out the day before. The dealership hasn’t canceled their order in the system yet. I thought the Everglades package was pretty cool and had all the upgrades I wanted from the factory, plus the square fenders and wheels. So I changed it to an Area 51 Everglades.

Several more months later I called the dealer and canceled my order. Too much waiting and uncertainty, tough for a large financial purchase. I honestly thought maybe in a couple of years when you can get one like purchasing a normal car.

Friday my dealership called me and said my Bronco Everglades just came in on the truck, and they felt bad about how everything went down with the lost order. They wanted to offer the chance for me to buy it first AT MSRP like we had originally agreed.

Completely shocked. I drove in to see it and it looked better in person. Just couldn’t say no And absolutely love it for the couple of days I’ve had it.

There’s a few good bronco stories left out there I hope!
EC95FAB0-D972-4E5A-8216-64070596F26B.jpeg

Congratulations on your new Bronco! Hope you love it as much as we do. :)

OP
OP
Texas.Thunder

Texas.Thunder

Everglades
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I certainly don’t want to answer for another person, but I think wait times are trending in the right direction. Ford seems to be trying very hard to get rid of the back log by not opening order banks until next year most likely to finish off the remaining people waiting. So when they do open, it should be closer to that 6-9 months. BUT it will most likely still depend on your dealer allocation and any parts shortages with your build. When they do open, I would highly suggest checking with your dealer on their Bronco backlog and allocations so you can at least start in a good place.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Texas.Thunder

Texas.Thunder

Everglades
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades

You’re almost there!! Please share when it comes in. Worth the wait in my opinion!

OP
OP
Texas.Thunder

Texas.Thunder

Everglades
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Who’s the dealer? Even though they made a mistake - they deserve some props for making it right in the end! Not so sure my local dealer would do the same.

congrats on the ride.
Joe Cotton Ford ! Carol Stream, IL

Absolutely they deserve some props for doing the right thing. So many stories on here of dealers doing everything they can to take extra margin and the expense of a customer. They certainly went above and beyond with me. Easily could have sold it 10-15k over and I would have most likely never known.

OP
OP
Texas.Thunder

Texas.Thunder

Everglades
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Congratulations on your new Bronco! Hope you love it as much as we do. :)
I absolutely do!! My first car every was a 1990 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Green with tan top and low stripe. My dad bought it for me. I loved that car so much and my dad has since passed away. Very cool to be in 2022 bringing it full circle with my new Bronco!

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting on a VIN for my EG Everglades order. Saw a picture of an Azure Grey (Area 52) Everglades the other day. Very nice looking color on that trim, IMHO.
Can you post the picture of the Azure Grey?

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s sad people have to be excited about paying MSRP.