First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently installed the 4W Parts bumpers on my Badlands. I’ve absolutely loved the look of these bumpers since they first dropped. And as more and more bumper options became available, I found myself going back to the 4WP ones. So I finally pulled the trigger.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything CDF3285B-010D-4962-A04F-BFEE951F17DB

I had a ton of questions that I couldn’t find answers too. The sales reps didn’t know, the pictures on-line didn’t match the videos, the brochures in the store showed something different, and on-and-on. It’s a total cluster F**k. And even then, the instructions are totally junk and don’t answer questions either. So you learn as you go.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 3EA5A612-F09E-4B57-80D1-F4EF3F07A576
So to help anyone that’s curious, I figured I’d get on here, make a post and answer any questions ya’ll might have. I can even run out and take pictures as needed to help with answers as well.

A couple of the big questions I know I’ll get. So I’ll answer these now, because I know they’re coming. I’m also going to tag @Theherofails becaue he helped me install them and can chime in as necessary.

First - Yes, the ACC works. There’s nothing that needs to be done. It just works perfectly. Don’t worry about it. Zero issues.

Two - Yes, the camera is blocked by the winch and bull bar. I installed the JCR camera relocation kit and now visiblity is perfect. The blocked camera is not an issue.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything A55B1817-F9E7-44F3-83CC-C596B492DD06

Three - Parking sensors work great. The bumper gives you the option to run them, or if you don’t have them, there is plugs for the holes provided.

Four - With the Badlands SAS you do NOT need to buy the skid plate. The factory steel one works just fine with no modifications. Just bolt the stock one back up. I do not know about the plastic factory one.

Five - Lights The bumper allows you to run a bunch of different light configurations. Included 4 lights down in the middle bottom. (I ran 2). There’s also a separate little pieces to fill the gap if you don’t want to run lights, and want the bottom middle opening smaller.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything C24E795F-0542-4862-B2DB-9158B052BF08

Six - She’s heavy!!! This is not a 1 man job. We did it with 3 of us, which is what I recommend to anyone doing this job. It’s also an 8-10 hour day to install both bumpers and the winch. It’s a massive project.

Anything else, ask away and I’ll answer them.
Sponsored

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
I too keep coming back to this rear bumper. The design is very OE but tightened up in the right places with the right additions for trail use.

How is the fit, finish, hardware?

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently installed the 4W Parts bumpers on my Badlands. I’ve absolutely loved the look of these bumpers since they first dropped. And as more and more bumper options became available, I found myself going back to the 4WP ones. So I finally pulled the trigger.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything C24E795F-0542-4862-B2DB-9158B052BF08

I had a ton of questions that I couldn’t find answers too. The sales reps didn’t know, the pictures on-line didn’t match the videos, the brochures in the store showed something different, and on-and-on. It’s a total cluster F**k. And even then, the instructions are totally junk and don’t answer questions either. So you learn as you go.
So to help anyone that’s curious, I figured I’d get on here, make a post and answer any questions ya’ll might have. I can even run out and take pictures as needed to help with answers as well.

A couple of the big questions I know I’ll get. So I’ll answer these now, because I know they’re coming. I’m also going to tag @Theherofails becaue he helped me install them and can chime in as necessary.

First - Yes, the ACC works. There’s nothing that needs to be done. It just works perfectly. Don’t worry about it. Zero issues.

Two - Yes, the camera is blocked by the winch and bull bar. I installed the JCR camera relocation kit and now visiblity is perfect. The blocked camera is not an issue.

Three - Parking sensors work great. The bumper gives you the option to run them, or if you don’t have them, there is plugs for the holes provided.

Four - With the Badlands SAS you do NOT need to buy the skid plate. The factory steel one works just fine with no modifications. Just bolt the stock one back up. I do not know about the plastic factory one.

Five - Lights The bumper allows you to run a bunch of different light configurations. Included 4 lights down in the middle bottom. (I ran 2). There’s also a separate little pieces to fill the gap if you don’t want to run lights, and want the bottom middle opening smaller.

Six - She’s heavy!!! This is not a 1 man job. We did it with 3 of us, which is what I recommend to anyone doing this job. It’s also an 8-10 hour day to install both bumpers and the winch. It’s a massive project.

Anything else, ask away and I’ll answer them.
Looks great! Which bumper did you take off and what did you do with it?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rear bumper I presume includes the license plate relocation. Can you photograph the bracket/light?

On the rear bumper, are the recovery points only welded to the bumper or are they pass through and mounted to the frame? What is the diameter of the recovery point? Pictures of the recovery points and behind the bumper is appreciated.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too keep coming back to this rear bumper. The design is very OE but tightened up in the right places with the right additions for trail use.

How is the fit, finish, hardware?
The rear bumper is kind of weird to install and the instructions are horrendous, with fuzzy B&W photos. So you have to just figure it out. It’s not bolted on like you think it would be. But instead,, at each mounting point there’s 3-4 separate pieces that all sandwhich together to the frame rail. It’s definitely not going anywhere and there will be no issues using the recovery points. The recovery points are not part of the bumper itself. They’re a separate piece which goes through the bumper and attach directly to the frame. The parking sensors are held in with a cool little bracket. (I wish the front bumper held them in the same way.) They’re definitely not going anywhere. I ran 4” Diode Dynamic Flood Lights that fit perfectly. The rear bumper also comes with a license plate relocation bracket to the spare tire. And it comes with a new longer cable for the license plate light. Just plug and play. Fit and finish are good. But she’s heavy.

Also, be careful not to smash the wiring loom in between the frame and brackets when installing. Ask me how I know. LOL.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Which bumper did you take off and what did you do with it?
I have the modular steel bumper. It’s at the shop taking up space. Want it? It’s in Phoenix. Come and get it. I’ll make you a smoking deal.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ordered mine!!
Nice! She’s so good looking. Get the JCR camera relocation kit now if you have a front camera. Otherwise you’ll have to take the front bumper back off to get the camera out. Do it all at once. Save you a ton of time and headache.

Also, the winch plate is separate. And there are separate parts for it. The instructions suck ass trying to explain it all. There’s parking sensor extensions for the two sensors in the middle. If you run the winch plate, they go on it. No winch plate, they go on the bumper.

The winch has to be mounted to the plate prior to the mounting plate going on the bumper, which is prior to installing the bumper on the vehicle. You need to assemble the whole thing first. Then bolt it to the Bronco.
get 3 guys. One on each side holding the bumper and one guy under doing the bolting on.

Sponsored

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does it come with anything to cap parking sensor holes?

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear bumper I presume includes the license plate relocation. Can you photograph the bracket/light?

On the rear bumper, are the recovery points only welded to the bumper or are they pass through and mounted to the frame? What is the diameter of the recovery point? Pictures of the recovery points and behind the bumper is appreciated.
Yes. It comes with a relocation kit and a longer cable for the light that you need to feed up and around and through.

Yes. Recovery points are through the bumper and do not attach directly to the bumper. They are bolted to the frame.

I’d guess 1.25” diameter.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 8DFDB7E0-80E3-4C4F-A9D1-BCEA30D33D10
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 4D4C9A49-AF1B-40F1-ABC4-D7BA4DEDBCAD
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 18FD5FFE-C989-41CC-BF81-B9CBBC978024
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 00B99A44-D441-4C2A-B978-3E3D314D7900
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 2197D22E-1EB3-45EE-8D22-1BE6807DF428
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything B0CCED39-2424-4212-B2CE-E22C670D8CB1
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 9E55E4D7-AA95-4D5B-8F08-D6E03D88132C

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it come with anything to cap parking sensor holes?
Yes. If I remember correctly, they’re little plastic pieces that snap in. (Goes for front and back bumper)

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you measure height of front before and after?
Sponsored