First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition (4 DR)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve added the spacers to the coilovers, went to install them back into the bronco and now I can’t get the lower control arm to even come close to mounting back up. Tried using a Jack but all that does it force the control arms to push down. Tried jacking under the coilover and it only lifts the entire bronco, doesn’t compress the spring whatsoever. Not sure where I went wrong. Anyone have any tips?
Sponsored

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to jack mine up at the control arm mount and it slid into place.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you happen to check out this video?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve added the spacers to the coilovers, went to install them back into the bronco and now I can’t get the lower control arm to even come close to mounting back up. Tried using a Jack but all that does it force the control arms to push down. Tried jacking under the coilover and it only lifts the entire bronco, doesn’t compress the spring whatsoever. Not sure where I went wrong. Anyone have any tips?
You should not be trying to compress the spring. The arms should reattach without any spring compression.

Assuming you used a jackstand on the rotor to prevent CV damage, lower that by 1.5" to the new droop point and then lift the arm ends up into the bolt mounts (jack or prybar is OK, but don't force anything). You can also loosen the UCA bolt so that the arms drop more easily if needed (must retorque under load at ride height, just like the LCA bolts).

Ford Bronco Icon 3” C/O spacer install issue 1650437744737

Last edited:
OP
OP
_TJG_

_TJG_

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You should not be trying to compress the spring. The arms should reattach without any spring compression.

Assuming you used a jackstand on the rotor to prevent CV damage, lower that by 1.5" to the new droop point and then lift the arm ends up into the bolt mounts (jack or prybar is OK, but don't force anything). You can also loosen the UCA bolt so that the arms drop more easily if needed (must retorque under load at ride height, just like the LCA bolts).

Ford Bronco Icon 3” C/O spacer install issue 1650437744737

I took the entire coilover out this morning and tried to line it up without it, and I can’t even get it to do that. It won’t push into the mounts further than this. CV doesn’t appear to be pulled out or anything. I’m completely stumped.

75E22347-87EC-441B-ADB6-7BC06E626673.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
_TJG_

_TJG_

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you happen to check out this video?

I did watch it, but the part of installing the lower control arms back into place is kinda skipped over. I’d assume it’s because theirs went smoothly lol

OP
OP
_TJG_

_TJG_

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Icon 3” C/O spacer install issue 75E22347-87EC-441B-ADB6-7BC06E626673

After further research, it appears I may have pulled the cv out of the joint some. The boot looks a lot more stretched out now than it did before (from pics I took during the install.)

No I’ve got to figure out how to slide it back in. This hasn’t been fun lol

D8E87129-DD5C-424D-85E3-8B2EF8BF2120.png

EA3E625C-FBFB-4444-AB49-C4D3E4394FC4.png

OP
OP
_TJG_

_TJG_

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update:

CV was pulled out at the inner joint. Joint has been reassembled and we’re good to go now! For anyone installing any kit, please remember to support the hub adequately to prevent the cv from popping out lol Better yet, remove the retainer nut from the end of the shaft at the hub during assembly to bypass this issue completely.
Sponsored